FZ1S 08: Q bout PCV

I was amused by the sound my bike produced when the stock exhaust was replaced with a Slip on Yoshimura TRC.. but I can't stop noticing the detonating sound it makes when I closed the throttle at high RPM..

So a friend of mine suggest that I put in a Dynojet Power Commander to eliminate that sound coz its working on his 08 R1.

Recently I installed the PCV and new sports air filter hoping that it will do the trick.. but guess what, its still there though I can feel some diff in power..

Q - Does anybody (FZ1 gen II) out there also has the same problem.. or is it normal?

Q - some riders told me that the detonating sound can damage the spark plug, but what I can get from the internet it is because the bike is burnung the unburned fuel left in the combustion chamber..

Please give me a clear detail about this matter.. Thankz.

If your talking about the poping then it is natural after replacing the exhaust with a slip on. There is a little breather hole in the air box before the intakes that some people like to bung up but I think it is there for a valueble reason that is to take the bad air out of your block and reburn. When I had my PC3 connected I set the 0 Zero throtle position to rich +10 from about 2,250rpm's to about 6,000rpms. then up to +16 from there on. It stopped the poping all the way down to about idle then lets aout a couple of pops, I was very satisfied with the out come. I myself would try that before blocking anything off, I also have a TRC.

Had this myself, did a mod last night where i got a round head bolt with a few nuts on, disconnected the breather pipe that runs to the AIS on the left side of the airbox, put bolt into the pipe and secured it with a jubilee clip to stop it bein able to move. conected the pipe back to the airbox for tidyness and hey presto !! no more banging and popping !! there is the odd 1 here and there but nothing like before. I love it !!!!

Hope this helps

Seth

Back