FZ1S - 06 Re-Spray...

Stuuk1

Hi All,

I fancy doing something new this summer.. I have a 2006 Gen2 FZ1S in that gorgeous dark red colour. Sadly the paint is starting to do something a bit strange under the lacquer, like a rippling effect, that twinned with the previous owner having a bag strapped to the back and scratches in various places, I fancy a re-spray.

I really like the sound of Matt black to match the engine but cannot find a fully faired (with lowers) FZ1S picture, surely there are some one there somewhere?

I don't think matte was a stock color... And most people won't invest in a paint job or powder coating for a bike worth 5-8k when they look sexy stock :p

Try this before you decide on a matte paint job. Spray it with plastidip. It has the same look as a matte black paint job and if you don't like it you can peel it off. You can but it at home depot for $6 a can.

Thanks guys, top idea of Vinyl, much cheaper too. Would still like to see one if anyone else can help with a picture?

As for the plastidip suggestion, I'm in the uk so not sure, would have to see if it was on eBay. What's the finish like? I'm not a sprayer...

Try this before you decide on a matte paint job. Spray it with plastidip. It has the same look as a matte black paint job and if you don't like it you can peel it off. You can but it at home depot for $6 a can.

No Home Depot in Blighty. ;)

Vinyl wrap sounds like your best plan.

Back