FZ1N rear seat needed

Anybody got one? The girlfriend wants to ride along and she complains that the plastic rear cowl doesn't have enough cushioning. . . . . I've been telling her to quit whining but she's running out of patience!

Cant you just get existing seat modified. I had mine modded by Viking near Brands Hatch for my wife done a fantastic job, Recovered in matching non slip vinal padded out with Memory foam and added Gel for £75. Wife loves it and looks great.

Cant you just get existing seat modified. I had mine modded by Viking near Brands Hatch for my wife done a fantastic job, Recovered in matching non slip vinal padded out with Memory foam and added Gel for £75. Wife loves it and looks great.

No, the underside for the US model is completely different than the underside for the European naked model. The US model is much larger.

A guy in the UK responded and said he is going to hit up a Yamaha dealer out there and let me know the cost of a new one. I found one on ebay in the UK but two emails to the guy and I didn't get a response. . .

No, the underside for the US model is completely different than the underside for the European naked model. The US model is much larger.

A guy in the UK responded and said he is going to hit up a Yamaha dealer out there and let me know the cost of a new one. I found one on ebay in the UK but two emails to the guy and I didn't get a response. . .

I'll be speaking to my Yamaha dealer tomorrow about a couple of things so I'll get you a price for the seat and shipping at the same time. Is there anything else you'll need for the 'n' model?

I'll be speaking to my Yamaha dealer tomorrow about a couple of things so I'll get you a price for the seat and shipping at the same time. Is there anything else you'll need for the 'n' model?

Thanks Rusty!

The only item I need is the rear seat for a 2006 Yamaha FZ1N (naked version). The bike is a U.S. version that the previous owner modified. He actually bought all of the parts for the naked version and had them shipped to the U.S. After removing the bulky rear end (the U.S. version has hand rails), he then bolted on the Euro version. He had a rear cowl painted to match and never bought a seat.

I have the footrests (which are not attached righ now) so I don't need those.

I really appreciate your help on this! I've attached photos of the bike for reference.

Thanks again!!!

I've just spoke to the dealer, the seat is £118 plus shipping. As a rough idea, shipping with DHL or Fed EX would be about £35.

If you're interested, I'll work out an exact price for shipping and let you know.

There's a seat here on Ebay:

YAMAHA FZ1 1000 FAZER 2D1 REAR SEAT on eBay (end time 12-Jun-10 20:46:37 BST)

It's for the 'n' model but used rather than brand new and it's up for £55. If you were interested, I could get this one and ship it over to you and it would work out to be quite a bit cheaper.

Rusty! You are the man!!! I choked a little at the price of a new one. I guess I knew I had it coming, but is my girlfriend really worth it?

Sorry for the late response. I was at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma California yesterday for a track day. I got in three good sessions before the rain came. Hey, a rainy day at the track is better than a great day at work right?

I just tried to buy the used seat on ebay and it wouldn't let me:

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.
You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:
The seller doesn't post to the country where your primary postage address is located.
Note: If you are still interested in bidding on or buying this item, you may contact the seller and ask that they exempt you from any buyer requirements.

I tried contacting this guy twice with no response. If you are willing to help me buy this I would be very grateful. I am willing to send you a check, Visa, money order, whatever you prefer. The end time is not till June 12 so I can get you the money before then.

Thanks!

the fazer seat is slightly wider and the depth is different !! they look very similar but i bought one on ebay so i can tell you frst hand mate . good look with the search ! bet your good lady cant wait to go for a run out with you !

A huge thank you to rusty!!!

I'll get an accurate price for shipping and get back to you with the full cost for it :tup:

For many years now I have been donating my time (and money) to friends who have wanted to learn to ride. Often times I am loaning my "Trainer" bike, an old Suzuiki GS500 beater, to them or I have agreed to a half day ride to somewhere I've already been 100 times on a rough road with too many cars. I've tried to show my friends that motorcycling can be a fun and safe sport if you approach it correctly.

Maybe it was Karma, or perhaps it was just blind luck, but after a long search I got some help from a new friend on the forum who assisted me in obtaining this seat. The seller on ebay would not send it to me directly in the U.S.. Rusty was extremely kind enough to purchase the seat for me in the UK and send it to me here in the U.S..

I'm really happy this turned out the way it did and I must say that it only goes to show you how remarkable motorcyclists can be when it comes to helping each other out.

Cheers Rusty!

That is great to hear! Way to go Rusty :cheers: This is what the forum is all about. I have done that in the past for a fellow forum member from Australia on another forum. He needed a part here in the US and the seller didn't want to ship it out of the country so I bough it, packed it and sent it to him. He was forever grateful and I was glad I could help out a fellow motorcyclist :tup:

Sorry to see this so late Ducguy. I can source new parts here in Japan.

Guys, if you can't find it PM me. Partshark.com usually has stuff cheaper than I can get it but some things they can't get are too damn expensive. Some aren't.
A new in the bag with hardware FZ1N seat is 9,272yen = @$100US. Throw another $25 in postage and it should cover all.
I'm also interested in trades for stuff I can't get here.

Sorry to see this so late Ducguy. I can source new parts here in Japan.

Guys, if you can't find it PM me. Partshark.com usually has stuff cheaper than I can get it but some things they can't get are too damn expensive. Some aren't.
A new in the bag with hardware FZ1N seat is 9,272yen = @$100US. Throw another $25 in postage and it should cover all.
I'm also interested in trades for stuff I can't get here.

Thanks! If I run into another snag in the future I'll keep you in mind. Much appreciated.

Back