FZ1n kit

dcrpd

does anyone know where i can get one? and assuming its just the headlight that makes it naked right??? i have a 09 and thinking about going naked with it

sweet! i guess my main concern is highway riding then... anyone can give me any insight. i dont do too much but i dont want a huge battle evertime i go on the road.

sweet! i guess my main concern is highway riding then... anyone can give me any insight. i dont do too much but i dont want a huge battle evertime i go on the road.

If you stick to 5-10 MPH over the limit then the wind shouldn't be that big a deal. Once you start really getting up there with the speed is where the "naked" bike is at a disadvantage. If you don't do extensive highway riding I think you'll be fine...

I just got back from South Texas and rode quite a bit on my "old" Speedmaster which has a Memphis Shades Hellcat. There was a lot of wind down there in the 30-35 MPH speed and even with the hellcat, 65-70 MPH was about enough to rip my head off and made riding when the wind was at a 45 degree angle damned near impossible. I like the Euro naked look but I do a lot of 70 + riding and I know I'd be puting the faring back on pretty quick.

does anyone know where i can get one? and assuming its just the headlight that makes it naked right??? i have a 09 and thinking about going naked with it

just bought the full kit with radiator covers from partshark, the only thing missing is a manual assembly and master cable, so cable will have to adapt the factory, on a forum indicating how to do it, I do not cut it, only wrap it up and making some welds, it seems another motorcycle, yeah!

??

Wait so the kit from partsshark isnt complete??? wtf ... I want a direct plug in kit like the burlington i bought before. Anyone know where i can get one?

Wait so the kit from partsshark isnt complete??? wtf ... I want a direct plug in kit like the burlington i bought before. Anyone know where i can get one?

No, I believe it is complete. I think what cangufante2000 was referring to is the fact that you have to figure out the assembly yourself and they don't include a new harness. I don't think the kit from Burlington does either. The trick is to roll up the excess wiring in the existing wiring harness and just "tuck" it out of the way.

Thanks !

Thank you :) I had to make a custom harness when I put an fz1 headlight on my fz6 and I really didnt wanna spend another entire day messing around with all that :)

i really have a hard time with stomaching this kit. i mean almost 700 for the kit and then you got to look at mirrors..... as much labor thats involved i think i would go with something like an acerbis universal to have something more unique.

Do It!!!

Go naked!! I did and it is the coolest thing ever. I got mine from part shark and the kit is pro. All OEM parts. My mirrors were costly but the bike looks sick!

The kit is pretty easy to figure out if you are technically inclined. I bought mirrors for $25 and had my bar ends machined so they would mount more cleanly. The kit makes the bike feel shorter. I feel a lot more nimble riding the bike now. Prob all I my head but still I like it way better. If you don't like the wind you can buy a bigger shield! Here is a pic of mineView attachment 10608

Back