Fz1 to R1 aftermarket wheels?HELP!

Hi everyone,new to the forum.I am looking at a set of RK/Excel magnum grey forged wheels to put on my 08 FZ...they only have the fitment for the 04-11 R1....i have searched and seen lots of onfo on swapping R1 wheel on our bikes but i need to know what kind of issues i will run into on the rear...part#'s from yamaha are identical on the wheel but the cush drive and spacers are different,also what brake disc would i run in the rear?i rally like these rims but the guy at excel wont guarantee me they will bolt right up........please help

When i stretched my bike i used my buddys 04r1 to get every thing mocked up. I had to use his rim because the r1 has a smaller brake rotor but i had to use my cush drive and spacers to get it to work. so to make a r1 rim fit it will need the rotor, the cush drive and spacers from the fz1. the rotor will bolt up no problem i have a r1 rotor on my fz. I may be hard to find the cush drive that will fit in the aftermarket rim to fit the fz1. hope this helps, good luck.

Hi everyone,new to the forum.I am looking at a set of RK/Excel magnum grey forged wheels to put on my 08 FZ...they only have the fitment for the 04-11 R1....i have searched and seen lots of onfo on swapping R1 wheel on our bikes but i need to know what kind of issues i will run into on the rear...part#'s from yamaha are identical on the wheel but the cush drive and spacers are different,also what brake disc would i run in the rear?i rally like these rims but the guy at excel wont guarantee me they will bolt right up........please help

The wheels have the exact same part number, front and rear. That doesn't mean the rotors, cush drive, axle, or bearing ends are the same. But the wheels are exactly the same, so an aftermarket R1 wheel will fit an FZ1, I talking about 06 or newer, not sure about older.

Back