FZ1 tail tidy versus mudguard

is this even legal in the states? putting the plate down there?
and then i live in the peoples repubklic of kleifournia.

anything good, fun, works right, improves the bike, is illegal here.

:sport12:

Have you ever seen a Harley with the plate mounted right next to the axle bolt on the swingarm? Sideways? I don't think this thing will be a problem.

So after I noticed I lost the LED light , I emailed the company and asked also if a discount was able to be granted. Answer below = I wil get a new LED light and they offer a 15% discount if buying 10 or more such mudguards.

"Le 03/01/2013 09:37, arnold a écrit :
>
> I have now found the time to install the rear “plaque ras de roué” and
> took the bike out for a short ride to test it. I was disappointed to
> notice that only after a short ride of 20km on streets the LED light
> was broken off. It looked like the glue was not strong enough or not
> enough applied.
>
> Can I therefore receive a new LED light so I can refit it?
>
> Secondly, being a member of the FZ1-forum.com, we would like to know
> whether this product can be purchased in a group buy?
>
> If yes, what can you offer in discount or free shipping of this
> product to both USA and Australia?
>
Bonjour, nous vous envoyons une nouvelle LED.
Une remise de 15% vous sera accordée pour toutes commande de 10 plaque ras de roue Cordialement, DESIGN BIKE

Hello, we send you a new LED.
A discount(delivery) of 15 % will be granted(tuned) to you for all
command(order) of 10 Plaque ras de roue
Best Regards,
DESIGN BIKE

Thx DenArnold.

If you're still OK with communicating with Design Bike, I will put my hand up for one of these.

Happy to coordinate the shipping here in Australia, unless someone else wants to step up.

Don`t think the position of the number plate in Australia would be the problem,but don`t think bending the plate around the guard would go down too well here with the highway patrol as it may make reading the plate with the radar a little harder?

€138 - 15% grp discount. Current exchange rates €138 = US$184.
Not sure what shipping costs are yet, Den Arnold is communicating with Design Bike, so will know soon.

Last edited:
is this even legal in the states? putting the plate down there?
and then i live in the peoples repubklic of kleifournia.

anything good, fun, works right, improves the bike, is illegal here.

:sport12:

Sad when even its residents mock California, especially when they use tired old cliches to do it. Like shitting where you eat. Please, do all of us who appreciate this awesome state (I ride every single day of the year) a favor and move. Sounds like Texas might be your kind state.

Anyway, twice I've tried contacting this French company about their mudguards, but never heard back. If anyone has any luck doing the same, please post. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back