FZ1 seat comfort

Looking at putting the money down this weekend on a new FZ1s but have been told by a M8 who had a 06 naked that anything over 100miles and the seat can get a bit uncomfortable , whats your opinions on the seat and mileages

cheers Dave

Last edited:
I think it's fine, broke in nicely from when I bought it. I hate most all of the aftermarket seats for these bikes...hard as a facking brick and they don't let you get off the bike for track level cornering.

seating

I have had my 08 FZ1 for a month. Just finished a 6 day, 3900 km. trip with the Yamaha "comfort seat" $288.00 from the dealer. I thought it was much better than the stock seat which was good for an hour and a half. Put almost 800 km. one day and did not hurt afterwards. To be honest I was ready to get off by then but had no problem climbing back on 7 hours later and doing another 8 hours in the saddle with only fuel stops. You have to swap out the latch, They are too cheap to supply one on the new seat. If I was going to do a track day I would swap them back as the stocker is slightly lower and slippery. The "comfort" seat has a weave pattern embossed on it, and is a bit grippier.

I have had my 08 FZ1 for a month. Just finished a 6 day, 3900 km. trip with the Yamaha \"comfort seat\" $288.00 from the dealer. I thought it was much better than the stock seat which was good for an hour and a half. Put almost 800 km. one day and did not hurt afterwards. To be honest I was ready to get off by then but had no problem climbing back on 7 hours later and doing another 8 hours in the saddle with only fuel stops. You have to swap out the latch, They are too cheap to supply one on the new seat. If I was going to do a track day I would swap them back as the stocker is slightly lower and slippery. The \"comfort\" seat has a weave pattern embossed on it, and is a bit grippier.

Do you have any pics of the comfort seat installed ??? The YAMAHA site pics aren't too great, and I'm thinking of picking a comfort seat up ...

~DaVe

I have had my 08 FZ1 for a month. Just finished a 6 day, 3900 km. trip with the Yamaha \\"comfort seat\\" $288.00 from the dealer. I thought it was much better than the stock seat which was good for an hour and a half. Put almost 800 km. one day and did not hurt afterwards. To be honest I was ready to get off by then but had no problem climbing back on 7 hours later and doing another 8 hours in the saddle with only fuel stops. You have to swap out the latch, They are too cheap to supply one on the new seat. If I was going to do a track day I would swap them back as the stocker is slightly lower and slippery. The \\"comfort\\" seat has a weave pattern embossed on it, and is a bit grippier.
From pictures, it appears the Comfort Seat rises toward the tank and is slightly higher all over. Is that true? I'd actually like a bit higher in the back where I sit-better leg room.

Last edited:
seat

It is higher at the back, nearly twice as thick, and only slightly higher at the front. Fits perfectly. I will try to find a picture or take a close up or two tonight and post them. And here they are. I hope this helps.:rmwl:

Last edited:
I did 220 miles on Monday and my arse was fine,i did stop once or twice for ten minutes though.

Comfort seat would be no good to me if it makes you higher as i only get my feet down as it is.

First time i was out on bike after 120 miles the seat felt a bit hard but not painful.

Looking at putting the money down this weekend on a new FZ1s but have been told by a M8 who had a 06 naked that anything over 100miles and the seat can get a bit uncomfortable , whats your opinions on the seat and mileages

cheers Dave

I had Sargent build up their seat for the FZ1 an extra inch and added
an Alaska leather sheepskin cover. Now I can pretty much ride all day.
The extra legroom is very welcome for my 6'3" frame.

Back