FZ1 retro RZ/Yamaha Racing theme

I posted this over on the FZ6 board and thought the FZ1 community might like to see it as well. It started off as a 06 Red scratched and dinged bike (during transport) that needed to be painted. I had done a FZ6 in the same scheme and figured it would look good on the FZ1 as well. You can see the whole process on my website if you like details...

FZ1%20final1.jpg

FZ1%20final3.JPG

FZ1%20final4.JPG

Wow, great job :tup: Looks very factory. Too bad Yamaha never offered any exciting paint schemes on the Gen II bikes like they did on the Gen I ('03 Bee, '04 Skunk).

I know that there is a retro kit in red/white -- but seeing the work you did, and after the trial/error, worth it to me to keep the money and DIY.

Nice work!

and Welcome to the Forum!

I know that there is a retro kit in red/white -- but seeing the work you did, and after the trial/error, worth it to me to keep the money and DIY.

Nice work!

There ya go Adam! Even MORE stuff for you to do!! P.S. Thanks for the links, very interesting but skeptical...And I'm a firm believer too!

Nice work!

Thanks... I did all the templates, so I think Tapeworks will offer a kit. You could probably put it on a blue or red bike without repainting base colors and have a cool scheme. The colors of the stripes can of course be changed to anything you want.
The local dealer has an 07 with the white/red kit and it looks good, but the kit is about 1600.00. Kinda pricey.

Well, you could always sell your kit to the diy'er and give mamayama a run for their money.

Pay a small amount and have the satisfaction of a job well done when it is complete.

Hey Dennis, we need to be able to "rep" over on this side of the fence, as this thread needs to be repp-ed big time.

Stunning bike.

Back in the good ole' '80's my buddy had a '73 TX500 that was painted in Robert's black and yellow (tank, quarter fairing, side cover and a custom rear seat cowl) The painter hand painted (tape and airbrush) YAMAHA and the block stripes on the body work, it was perfect! The bike looked much faster than it was. One day a dude walked up and asked how much my buddy wanted for the bike, $1,500 and the $400 bike was sold!

Again, beautiful!

what exactly are you proposing??

Adam

We activate the reputation feature of the forum. Check out the FZ6 side. You can give the poster positive or negative reputation for a given post. Usually a person is repped for an exceptional contribution, this an excellent example. Another is a well documented how-to thread, or something that is insightful.

There is a scale icon that is on the bottom left of each post that is clicked to add rep, and each user has a "rep power" counter below their avatar. Also when you add to someone rep it allows you to write in the reason if you wish. All of those comments are listed in the User CP area.

There are several other features that the FZ6 side has on that are not on here or at the R site. They are kinda fun.

Back