FZ1 powered Cushman

I recently started on a cart project that involves a Cushman truckster, club car golf cart, and a 2001 FZ1. Using the aluminum golf cart chassis, truckster body(widened and stretched), and the FZ1 engine. I have the engine running in the frame, and have mapped out most of the electronics, but I have a couple of issues I need help with. The oil level switch connector I cant figure out where it connects to. Also which way the rollover sensor is mounted. If I could get a wiring schematic it would be greatly appreciated.

I recently started on a cart project that involves a Cushman truckster, club car golf cart, and a 2001 FZ1. Using the aluminum golf cart chassis, truckster body(widened and stretched), and the FZ1 engine. I have the engine running in the frame, and have mapped out most of the electronics, but I have a couple of issues I need help with. The oil level switch connector I cant figure out where it connects to. Also which way the rollover sensor is mounted. If I could get a wiring schematic it would be greatly appreciated.

Let me see if I can fit mine in the scanner.

By the way, welcome to the forum. I just noticed that its your first post. Why don't you post some shots of what you've got done so far. I'm curious to see. I just saw a video of a guy who put an FZ1 motor in a quad. Man that thing rips!

WiringFZ12001001.jpg

WiringFZ12001.jpg

I found the color charts but am not sure how good the scan will work.

Thanks for the daigrams. I got most of my issues solved, but I stripped the harness of all the lighting to clean it up and haven't tried it again yet. I'll try and post some pics of the fame and engine mounted. Working on the front suspension tonight. We got a set of 14" drag radials on back and 12" radials on front. It's looking pretty crazy. Should be alot of fun

another fine example of having wheels that cost more than the vehicle did to purchase....present state and guessing on that anyways....

Wish I had the knowhow to tinker something like that up....what is going to be the paint color??

The wheels and tires weren't that high, I think like 600$. The suspension and rear axle took a chunk from the budget. The cushman, the cart, and the bike we free, so we are pretty far ahead of the game. The crazy thing is the bikes odometer when I hooked the battery up said like 72,000 mi. Seems to run like a champ though.

We are gonna run a 520 chain because there isn't alot of options for the raptor sprocket. The chain won't be the weakest link, the sprocket hub or clutch is more what concerns me. There is only one way to find out unfortunatly. By the way we were thinking a tangerine orange for the paint color to keep it kinda cushman like. I have yet to see another body like this one, and I have searched alot. I would like to know what the original use for this design was. Unfortunatly there is not a whole lot of websites dedicated to utility trucks. I'll keep posting new pics as things come along. Hopefully I'll take it for it's first test drive before next year.

We are gonna run a 520 chain because there isn't alot of options for the raptor sprocket. The chain won't be the weakest link, the sprocket hub or clutch is more what concerns me. There is only one way to find out unfortunatly. By the way we were thinking a tangerine orange for the paint color to keep it kinda cushman like. I have yet to see another body like this one, and I have searched alot. I would like to know what the original use for this design was. Unfortunatly there is not a whole lot of websites dedicated to utility trucks. I'll keep posting new pics as things come along. Hopefully I'll take it for it's first test drive before next year.

In this day and age you can be sure that there is a Cushman Forum out there somewhere. You just have to look hard. It seems that there is pretty much a forum for anything these days.

I believe you will find a host of applications for their orriginal uses, trash truck shuttles, parks and recreation, parts shuttles in factories, anything where small was good, or where the utility aspect of it was usefull

Back