FZ1 or Triumph Tiger or KTM SM T

I see the FZ1 as being the odd man out on your list. It's a street bike, where as the other two are "adventure" bikes.

I've never been a fan of an "all-around" anything as it doesn't do anything excellent, but does anything, "okay."

For the adventure thing how about big, giant thumper, 600cc+?

Of the bikes you've got listed I'd take the KTM, put on an exhaust, a Power Commander with a custom tune and enjoy the hell out of it. That motor is a sweet mill.

For adventure riding I'd get a big ass Honda 650 and put on a big ass fuel tank and go ride.

Go with one of the Japanese brands. Kawasaki, KLR650, Suzuki DR650, or Honda XR650. They are cheap to own and operate and used ones are even cheaper. If you drop a Triumph, KTM, or BMW, make sure your platinum card that has plenty of room on it for the repairs. The other reason I would use a Japanese bike over a European bike is the location of nearby dealerships. Look at a map of authorized dealerships for your bike of choice for off road endeavors. How many KTM dealers are there in Bumfarking, New Wisconsin? And I hear a big fat ass fits better on the Japanese brands! :fencers:

Back