Fz1 on a diet !!!

SETH46

Well i decided tonight i would take the time to box up all the bits i have taken off my bike over the last 2 years and see what it all weighed.
Everythin from nuts and bolts to springs, relectors and the worst of all, yep the OEM exhaust .......... you name it it's all in there and i'm freaked out by just how much it weighs !!!

This is crazy, but in total the parts weigh a staggering 27.5 KILOS !!! :jaw drop:

so not only does it look better but my god does it weigh a lot less !!! lol

So from a factory standard dry weight of 200kg , mine now weighs in at a very HEALTHY .......... 172.5kg. (for those how cant be bothered to do the maths!)

So there u have it, get ur bike on a diet and increase that power > weight ratio !

:thewave:

seth

Hey SETH46 that is awesome! But your equation doesn't take in to account the weight of the replacement parts. I guess even if they weigh half the OEM bits it still works out to a considerable saving.

Cheers Bluey

Well the parts you remove might weigh 27.5 kg, but surely you put back some of that weight with things like the aftermarket exhaust. I know it's considerably lighter than the stocker, but there is still some weight to it.

At one point I had knocked off quite a few pounds off my bike as well, but eventually I ended up putting the center stand back. It was just too useful to give up for the weight that is saved.

Well the parts you remove might weigh 27.5 kg, but surely you put back some of that weight with things like the aftermarket exhaust. I know it's considerably lighter than the stocker, but there is still some weight to it.

At one point I had knocked off quite a few pounds off my bike as well, but eventually I ended up putting the center stand back. It was just too useful to give up for the weight that is saved.

That's what I was thinking... to see how much weight was saved you would need to subtract the weight of the parts that were added to your bike from the 27.5 kgs that you removed.
(For those of us in America who aren't doing this conversion in their head, 27.5 kgs = 60 lbs.)

yeah i know that the aftermarket parts are gonna put weight back on but no where near what has come off !! i'll take it to the weigh bridge so i can get an EXACT reading and let you know what my overall weight is.

Seth :cowboy:

yeah i know that the aftermarket parts are gonna put weight back on but no where near what has come off !! i'll take it to the weigh bridge so i can get an EXACT reading and let you know what my overall weight is.

Seth :cowboy:

Yea, I'm curious what it would weigh. You should try and weigh it with a full tank of gas if possible.

It's surprising how much stuff can weight on a bike. When I would track prep my FZ6 I was able to remove about 26 to 28 pounds of stuff.

Mirrors
Center stand
F & R turn signals
Side stand
Tools
Fairing liner
Rear Fender
Hugger and Chain guard
Reflectors
Aftermarket exhaust

Once I added rearset, set back plates from more ground clearance, the little Fiz hung with many liter bikes in the intermediate group.

That same principle works for the rider to! :poke: :nana:

Yes it does! 14 lbs dropped this year without touching the bike! :D

I never added up what came off the bike vs. what went on but I'm sure I've taken off at least 25 lbs.

• Stock can swapped for 2Bros
  • Removed portion of airbox
  • Removed screen on stock air filter
  • Removed pillion brackets and pegs. Replaced with Evotech hanger.
  • Swapped stock screen for CD screen
  • CD pods replaced all four blinkers
  • Hacked at least half of the stock rear fender off
  • Swapped stock seats for TS front and CD cowl

But, added crash bungs, GPR steering stabilizer, RAM mount, SAE lead and ciggy socket, POD lights and wiring, Yamaha OEM lower cowl and brackets, JW Radiator Guard, tank protector and the SpeedoDRD.

Yes it does! 14 lbs dropped this year without touching the bike! :D

I never added up what came off the bike vs. what went on but I'm sure I've taken off at least 25 lbs.

• Stock can swapped for 2Bros
  • Removed portion of airbox
  • Removed screen on stock air filter
  • Removed pillion brackets and pegs. Replaced with Evotech hanger.
  • Swapped stock screen for CD screen
  • CD pods replaced all four blinkers
  • Hacked at least half of the stock rear fender off
  • Swapped stock seats for TS front and CD cowl

But, added crash bungs, GPR steering stabilizer, RAM mount, SAE lead and ciggy socket, POD lights and wiring, Yamaha OEM lower cowl and brackets, JW Radiator Guard, tank protector and the SpeedoDRD.

I suspect the rider contributed more to any gains in power to weight ratio in this case. Just have to keep the Sam Adams to a low daily number and you should be gaining horsepower all the time.:laugh2:

Back