FZ1 Not Starting

I’m pretty confused as to why my gen 2 won’t start when i turn the key to on the bike only flashes in neutral if i hit my starter then it clicks and shuts off. nothing on my cluster other than the neutral light is on. i’ve checked my battery and that’s good along with all fuses. the bike was running 5 minutes beforehand i went down the street and back and when i came back to leave nothing. no other symptoms or anything the bike was running like normal then out of nowhere not starting. tried push starting it and a couple other ways but no luck. anyone know anything about this happening?

Last edited:
God I hate electrical issues. Check the starter relay. I had a zx10R that vibrated the relay connection loose. Good luck fining the gremlin.

God I hate electrical issues. Check the starter relay. I had a zx10R that vibrated the relay connection loose. Good luck fining the gremlin.
Electrical is annoying i just got a new relay named “5VК-81950-40” it helped a little but now the temp light, check engine light, and neutral light are flashing. on the speedometer i’m getting error-1.

Hi Slowash , if you got it going ignore this , I check the easy stuff first then move on . Battery connections TIGHT , battery voltage 12.7 volts and over ? . Starter leads tight . Hope it helps or you didn’t need this .

Hi Slowash , if you got it going ignore this , I check the easy stuff first then move on . Battery connections TIGHT , battery voltage 12.7 volts and over ? . Starter leads tight . Hope it helps or you didn’t need this .
No I still haven’t gotten it to start i had checked the battery and disconnected it everything there is fine same with the starter i’m starting to think maybe my ecu is fried not 100% sure though.

Run a continuity check on your kill switch . I was doing a throttle body balance today on my recently acquired 2007 FZ1 , I nudged it with my arm and jack shit happened when I went to start it like your description . Incidentally my fuel pipe had a bad kink in it as from previous posts.

Attachments

• AEFB1312-4CEC-4158-9AC0-77A1B2DFB9A5.jpeg
    AEFB1312-4CEC-4158-9AC0-77A1B2DFB9A5.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 73E2EA66-B054-43E2-A581-AD6983C1770A.jpeg
    73E2EA66-B054-43E2-A581-AD6983C1770A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Run a continuity check on your kill switch . I was doing a throttle body balance today on my recently acquired 2007 FZ1 , I nudged it with my arm and jack shit happened when I went to start it like your description . Incidentally my fuel pipe had a bad kink in it as from previous posts.

I forgot to mention my 2001 had kill switch issue but I thought you said your bike would click and no start so this wouldn't be the case i believe. I was stranded in the company's garage. When I pushed the starter though no clicks nothing so took the switch apart not knowing what I would see. Blew out the switch put it back together and it started.

I forgot to mention my 2001 had kill switch issue but I thought you said your bike would click and no start so this wouldn't be the case i believe. I was stranded in the company's garage. When I pushed the starter though no clicks nothing so took the switch apart not knowing what I would see. Blew out the switch put it back together and it started.
Ye elektrickery is not my strongest point , glad you got a solution .

Back