Fz1 not starting “HI” warning

One lovely day I came home and now my bike is standing for 4 weeks since H1 error came up. It is a European bike and has immobilizer on it. So when I switch it on I get H1 (I cannot enter diagnostics mode) and immobilizer flashes in sequence (5 long flashes and then 3 short ones kind of remind error 53). On the dashboard itself there is on H1 on where temperature is and that is it.

What I did:
1. Purchased emulator 3 wires and connected it and now immobilizer light has disappeared. When I connect the original wires it still flashes.
2. Went to local tuning shop and they switched off immobilizer function. So tried that and still flashes when I disconnect the antenna I get Err_1
3. Checked the cables all good no broken cables, went from head to tail and no broken cables found.
4. Used multimeter to measure live cable and 12V all good there also
5. Use multimeter to check the connectors if they talk ecu and no broken cables there

I am out of idea at this stage after 4 weeks of headache.

Tuning people can connect to ecu no problems there and communicate with it

Also I have noticed when I fully disconnect the ECU I can see exactly same error with emulator (H1 only) without emulator (H1 and flashes in immobilizer)

I thought the "HI" message where the water temp is just reports the water temp is too high..

Could be your water temp sensor has failed. If you have resistors handy, you could look up the resistance value for normal temp range and test the bike.

Back