FZ1 Newbie

Greetings to all in Yamaha Land!
I am a newbie to this site and wanted to say hello toa everyone. I'll probably be posting some dumb questions here so please bare with me. I recently bought a 2003 FZ1 and don't know much about this machine. The seller did not have a manual so that's the first thing I am going to need. I am not new to motorcycles as I restore old Yamaha XS11's and have been riding all my life. Anyway, just wanted to say howdy from the swamplands if Louisiana. I'll attempt to post a couple of pics of my toys.

fz1-2.jpg

Here is a shot of some of my XS11's
DSC00618.jpg

XS

Hi ! I had an XS-400 in 1980, It was a 1978 that looks about the same colour as the one on the far right in the picture. It was my first street bike. Great bike to learn on.

They all look very nice. What is your facination with the XS-1100? Oh and your modern ride is sharp as well, I have always liked the "Bees".:Rockon:

Facination

Hi ! I had an XS-400 in 1980, It was a 1978 that looks about the same colour as the one on the far right in the picture. It was my first street bike. Great bike to learn on.

They all look very nice. What is your facination with the XS-1100? Oh and your modern ride is sharp as well, I have always liked the "Bees".:Rockon:

If you ever rode one of these old machines, you would probably know pretty quickly my facination. First of all for their age, they are still some mean ole torque monsters and are a lot quicker than they look. Second, the 78 was the fastest production motorcycle in it's day and pretty much coined the phrase "Superbike". Third, they are relatively easy to work on and don't require a lot of maintenance. And last but not least, I like having something nobody else has!!
Thanks to all for compliments on the "Bee". I got a pretty good deal on her and it only has 7200 miles on it. I was rather suprised the first time I rode it when the front end flew up on me and like to smashed my nose. These bikes are quick!!

:Welcome: and congrats! I really love the retro look of the Bee. Amazing find! And the stable is even more impressive! I'm considering hunting up a few oldies myself for a restore and ride. I'd like to find an early to mid 70's RD350 on the cheap and then a copy of my 1st (totalled) supersport, the 1982 CB750F Supersport. That was an impressive machine!

Great looking bikes and thanks for signing up!

Oldies

:Welcome: and congrats! I really love the retro look of the Bee. Amazing find! And the stable is even more impressive! I'm considering hunting up a few oldies myself for a restore and ride. I'd like to find an early to mid 70's RD350 on the cheap and then a copy of my 1st (totalled) supersport, the 1982 CB750F Supersport. That was an impressive machine!

There is a fun in restoring the old machines. I recommend it highly. I am currentlly enlarging my shop to enable me to add more to the collection. I want to find a 6 cylinder Honda CBR, Kawasaki KZ1300 and a 7o's Kawasaki 750 to add to my stable. Wish me luck and thanks for the replies!!

Greetings to all in Yamaha Land!
I am a newbie to this site and wanted to say hello toa everyone. I'll probably be posting some dumb questions here so please bare with me. I recently bought a 2003 FZ1 and don't know much about this machine. The seller did not have a manual so that's the first thing I am going to need. I am not new to motorcycles as I restore old Yamaha XS11's and have been riding all my life. Anyway, just wanted to say howdy from the swamplands if Louisiana. I'll attempt to post a couple of pics of my toys.

fz1-2.jpg

Here is a shot of some of my XS11's
DSC00618.jpg

Welcome to the group Dforeman! Happy to have you here. When you say "here's a shot of SOME of my XS11's", does that mean there's more?????
Your a lucky guy to say the least!

More?

Welcome to the group Dforeman! Happy to have you here. When you say "here's a shot of SOME of my XS11's", does that mean there's more?????
Your a lucky guy to say the least!

Yep.. There is one more I am in the process of restoring. It is down to the frame and ready to blast and powder coat. I have all of the parts for the rebuild and I have already painted the tank and side covers. The engine is on the stand and I am going to go thru it and rebuild the tranny. If anyone is interested, I can post some before and after pics. This one I bought for $100 bucks and it actually runs but it was one ugly duckling!! It will look like this one except it will be Maroon.
DSC00611.jpg

This is what it looked like when I bought it!
DSC00604.jpg

i sold a 1980 cb750f for really cheap money, not long ago when i bought by fz1! it was a nice project bike!

Back