IMG_0726.jpg

Touring
DealsGap2010.jpg

IMG_9573.jpg

Track.
RB8_1678.jpg

IMG_9803.jpg

Last edited:
Johnny, that first picture of your FZ1 is one of the most, if not the most, beautiful picture of an FZ1 I have ever seen. My compliments for all the tasteful mods you added. It also makes me pleased as punch that I have an FZ1 of my own in the garage.

Beautiful bike you have there.

Someone said it best on one of the boards.

"If I can only have one bike, the FZ1 will be the one. If I can have many bikes, the FZ1 will be none of them."

I like this statement because it really is truthful. I have my FZ1 because it is a do it all machine and fits nicely into my garage right now. However, if I had the cash and ability, I'd happily replace it with an FJR and an R1. But for now...

I guess its a matter of quickly my bipolar symptoms come and go. I could use both a FJR and a R1 with in hours of one another. Some days I just need a bicycle. I do like that quote ..

Yes the FZ is a versatile beasty,but.......... I have to say it is the worst bike I have ever ridden on a track. Yes you can do a track day on one, but I would not want to attempt an A pace, even with signifigant suspension mods. Rubber footpeg mounts being one of the biggest headaches. No feel or feedback and way too much flex. With a nice setup in the front from Traxion, and the rear shock of your choice she'll scratch nicely with the sporty set, but the weight is real hard to overcome. No argument on the touring or hooligan part. Loved mine on the street. Way happier with a 600 on the track.
Oh BTW not trying to wizz on the post. I agree with the if I can only have one bike etc. But most of you saw my posts about selling the FZ cause I'm a bike whore, and got bored. The extra cash got me enough for a downpayment on the next track bike along with the SV. Sweet little 07 R6. Ugly but trusty. Rashed but not bashed. Camera is out on the road with Mrs. D again. She's calmed down enough after all my bike juggling. I've been putting in long hours on home improvement projects. House goes up for sale next week.

Maybe I can finagle another toy out of the proceeds.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for me I don't know what A pace is but for my ability the FZ still out guns me. I do hope to have your Track opinion of the FZ one day and when I do it will be a street only bike. I would love to have a track bike as well, maybe soon.

Johnny, that first picture of your FZ1 is one of the most, if not the most, beautiful picture of an FZ1 I have ever seen. My compliments for all the tasteful mods you added. It also makes me pleased as punch that I have an FZ1 of my own in the garage.

I am in total agreement on that one. :icon_beer:

Nice bike Johnny, i have had my FZ1n on track dozen + times. Mate it is the best fun to be had, the FZ1 is very forgiving and not as focused as the superbikes. With all your mods, good rubber and ridden well the FZ1 will surprise and shame more than a few power-rangers !!!. Pics are a bit old, i have made a few more changes since....

Last edited:
It more the rider than the equipment.I have had my ass handed to me by a friend on a Warrior on the Dragon but that was my first real outing on the FZ a couple years ago I dont think it would go the same now.

Back