FZ1 in NH down but coming back!

A couple steps closer... I got my Bill of Sale from the dealer then sent it to my insurance agent to apply insurance effective when I pick it up. Also took a copy to the DMV and got a transportation tag so I can ride the bike back to NH from the dealer. I'm bringing my TS seats with me! Ha! So it will have about 175 miles on it when I get it home. It could be as early as this Saturday but may end up being a day next week.

Exciting!

Nice to hear you're almost back on the road! I know what you mean about feeling frustrated that you're not out enjoying the riding season though - it feels like it takes forever to sort this stuff out. Hope you have a lot of awesome riding days on the new bike and looking forward to seeing pics :)

Nice it is all working out and glad that the Tuono deal didn't work out. That means you are still bleeding Yamaha blue ... haha :D ...
Just a piece of advice - Don't put the performance mods before you breakin that new bike .. 600 miles or so and 2 oil changes later you can move over everything ...

I'll be fairly consistent with the manual for the ride home. I'm taking state routes and side roads to vary the gears and RPMs... no highways. I'll change the filter & oil to a spec Dino oil as soon as I'm home and again in another 200 miles and then at 600, 1000 and 1500 miles where the first synthetic oil will be used. But all the mods will go on after the first oil change. I just won't put them to the test. ;)

Eric, are you getting a new exhaust? Selling the scuffed one? I really can't afford it, but I'd love to have a good exhaust sometime. I got lost on what was happening with each part. I still need to spend the money on suspension first, like I've been saying for years now. I always wanted good suspension for my first trip to the dragon, but I need tires and hotel/food money more. I'm so happy you are getting back on the road so soon AND with a BLUE FZ1! I'm afraid I would have moved to a Tuono or the S1000R, but I don't have all the mods you do, which brings the FZ1 much closer to those bikes.

On my trip to Deal's Gap in September, I'll be the only one with gear. These HD guys I'm going with wear sunscreen as gear. I sure pray none of them have an off during the trip. The last time I rode with them, they kept offering me sunscreen. I had to laugh as I was covered head to toe in gear (well, just jeans, but still covered). I have proper pants now to complete my full gear. This thread and a few others have convinced me of the importance of the pants too. I always knew I needed them, but with money tight, it was hard to buy them. Thanks for sharing your story.

despair-poster-adversity_w480.jpg

Eric, are you getting a new exhaust? Selling the scuffed one? I really can't afford it, but I'd love to have a good exhaust sometime. I got lost on what was happening with each part. I still need to spend the money on suspension first, like I've been saying for years now. I always wanted good suspension for my first trip to the dragon, but I need tires and hotel/food money more. I'm so happy you are getting back on the road so soon AND with a BLUE FZ1! I'm afraid I would have moved to a Tuono or the S1000R, but I don't have all the mods you do, which brings the FZ1 much closer to those bikes.

Thanks Troy! Yes, it looks very good for this weekend to pick up the new bike. I will be picking up a bank check for the bike and heading up either Friday night and staying over or Saturday and staying overnight but I'll be home Sat or Sun night with the new bike. I've packed my TS seats, adjustable levers, cramp buster and some tools. I have my temp plate and insurance lined up.

As for the exhaust, I will be getting e new one after the 2009 sells. I'm sure we can work out a cheap deal if you want the scuffed Titanium. It isn't dented and the scuffs are minor... it would be very cheap! Once it is off, I'll get some pics of it.

On my trip to Deal's Gap in September, I'll be the only one with gear. These HD guys I'm going with wear sunscreen as gear. I sure pray none of them have an off during the trip. The last time I rode with them, they kept offering me sunscreen. I had to laugh as I was covered head to toe in gear (well, just jeans, but still covered). I have proper pants now to complete my full gear. This thread and a few others have convinced me of the importance of the pants too. I always knew I needed them, but with money tight, it was hard to buy them. Thanks for sharing your story.

Glad to hear that you'll be ATGATT. Be careful the first couple times through as it is very tight and technical. With the OEM suspension, get the feel of those switchbacks before you give it any throttle... and leave BEFORE the HD guys! They will hold you up even on the wram up runs! LOL!!! There's a ton of great roads there so explore where you can. The Skyway, the road to Bridal Veil Falls, Rte 28, too many to list! Be safe!!

I keep editing post #99... using it as my progress notepad. The '09 is looking mighty stock at this point. I'm down to swapping the OEM exhaust on I think... the rest is under the tank. I can't swap out the exhaust until I swap the ECU... Not sure how Ivan's flash would work with the stock cannon. I've been riding the 2009 this week to be sure it is road-worthy. Glad that the front was just twisted in the triples and the handlebar is not bent... that straightened out to perfect and she rides the line like new again.

Thanks for following along. I'll start a new thread for the 2013. A new bike with a new build thread. :D

-Eric

Edited #99 again....

I had the adjuster back out today for a supplement to the claim. The tank cowl was cracked where it was hidden under the inner fairing panel and the bottom end of the right inner panel was snapped off. Those two and all the small bits attached including emblems were added to the quote and they are sending another check.

Also, through subrogation, I was refunded my $250 deductible. These will complete the claim and I'm "whole" again.

Here's the kick in the pants.... Cop says since I didn't contact his car, it is a single-vehicle accident and I cannot have his insurance info! He did, however, tell the kid to make a statement explaining his role so that my insurance would see that I was driving safely and this wasn't my fault at all.

wow, I had never thought about that before..... What a load of crap. To get his insurance info you literally would of had to get hit head on by a car...... The other driver still caused the accident.

wow, I had never thought about that before..... What a load of crap. To get his insurance info you literally would of had to get hit head on by a car...... The other driver still caused the accident.

I know but the cop saved my arse by making the kid write that statement because it left zero doubt. The very first contact from the kid's insurance company? The claims guy apologizes and says to me "We accept 100% responsibility." So no matter what my insurance pays out, they will get it all back. :D

I did end up getting the kid's contact info as well as insurance info anyway from my insurance company. ;)

I know but the cop saved my arse by making the kid write that statement because it left zero doubt. The very first contact from the kid's insurance company? The claims guy apologizes and says to me "We accept 100% responsibility." So no matter what my insurance pays out, they will get it all back. :D

I did end up getting the kid's contact info as well as insurance info anyway from my insurance company. ;)

well that is good.

Back