FZ1 Handlebars

That depends on which way you want to go. I want a bar that is slightly higher and some riders want a lower bar. I found a "superbike" bar that is about 1 1/2 " higher and about 1" longer for another bike and it looks like it will fit the FZ. I think I got it from J.C. Witney for about $30 or so. Most bars today wil set you back three times that much.

Yeah, I went for the more agressive position on the Gen I. Lower GYTR risers with Suburban Machinery (SM2) bars.

Another alternative that can give you the largest set of riding positions, within ONE set of bars is the Converti-bars

If you happen to be on a Gen II, you might have to do some more digging b/c I don't know what is out there for them....

BroHay

I used a set of bar clamps that were removed from my 2000 GasGas EC300. They are very short, but with a longer bolt and washers used as shims/spacers, I was able to get the stock bars as low as possible while still alllowing full steering lock and my thumbs do not get smashed between the bars and tank.

I actually would like to raise my handle bars a bit because when I ride I put to much weight on my hands thus they go numb fairly quick within an hour of rideing(I also have a problem with carpel tunnel). Anyway anybody know how high of a riser I can go without haveing to change or lengthen cables and all? Is 1" to high? Thanks

Do yourself a favor and put some Grip Puppies or Grab On grip covers on. They are foam covers that slip right over the stock grips and increase the diameter of the grips and make them much more soft and comfortable on your hands.

I actually would like to raise my handle bars a bit because when I ride I put to much weight on my hands thus they go numb fairly quick within an hour of rideing(I also have a problem with carpel tunnel). Anyway anybody know how high of a riser I can go without haveing to change or lengthen cables and all? Is 1\" to high? Thanks

If you're only looking to raise the bar 1" I think the stock cables and brake hoses will be ok. I saw some risers that not only raised the bar, but also brought it back, but the person had to move the master cylinder slightly because the brake hoses were tight. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand of risers.

If you're only looking to raise the bar 1\" I think the stock cables and brake hoses will be ok. I saw some risers that not only raised the bar, but also brought it back, but the person had to move the master cylinder slightly because the brake hoses were tight. Unfortunately I don't remember the brand of risers.

They might be the SW-Motech and I think you can do this without rerouting, just some adjustments.

Personally, I like the stock '09 bar and risers. A lot more comfortable than my FZ6 was and so far, no buzzing or problems with hands, wrists, arms, etc....

I just went through 36 pages of items. Not ONE set of risers. These things are like unicorns! They must have been parting out at least 3 bikes there with every friggin part except risers! Go figure. Gotta keep searching.

Yeah, I went for the more agressive position on the Gen I. Lower GYTR risers with Suburban Machinery (SM2) bars.

Another alternative that can give you the largest set of riding positions, within ONE set of bars is the Converti-bars

If you happen to be on a Gen II, you might have to do some more digging b/c I don't know what is out there for them....

BroHay
those Suburban bars are a little pricy??? Are they worth it? How do they feel? How much forward do they bring you? thanks!

Back