Fz1 going enduro mode

Careful

Look what happened to me, I rode my FZ on gravel and the next year I had a dual sport. Just get some knobbies for that bike and there will be no more "slip slip slippy". :poke: It looked a little damp, no dust, but a bit greasy for pure road tires.

By the way how were you recording the audio? It seemed to have very little outside noise.

advriders.com has made me realize my fz1 is great but not ideal for the kinda riding i wanna do, and a dual is definitely next on the list, or, a set of enduro tires

I rode this 20 year old CB1000F to China, stuck knobblies on for Mongolia :nana:

Anything is possible with the right attitude!

11i34wp.jpg

Trade up to Super T!

That is definitely on the list for a next bike.

I rode this 20 year old CB1000F to China, stuck knobblies on for Mongolia :nana:

Anything is possible with the right attitude!

And I love that kind of attitude. Looks like you did Mongolia without a support team and 100 pounds of gear on your bike like Ewan McGregor from (Long way Round)

Look what happened to me, I rode my FZ on gravel and the next year I had a dual sport. Just get some knobbies for that bike and there will be no more "slip slip slippy". :poke: It looked a little damp, no dust, but a bit greasy for pure road tires.

By the way how were you recording the audio? It seemed to have very little outside noise.

I use a GoPro Hero 2. I dremel'd a hole in the case, run an external mic into my helmet and placed the microphone under my cheek pad. It works pretty good most of the time, except sometimes the microphone will move around and I will get a lot of crappy noise especially at 55mph+.

And I love that kind of attitude. Looks like you did Mongolia without a support team and 100 pounds of gear on your bike like Ewan McGregor from (Long way Round)

The long way round actually put the idea in my head that I could do it. If two lovey overpaid actors could do it, with support, then I certainly could!

But they took the easy route to New York, basically across the whole of Russia.
I went alone, literally taking the long way round by going through Iran and all the 'Stans', except Afghanistan, up to Russia, across to Mongolia, then through the Gobi to China, ending in Beijing just in time for the olympics.

Back