FZ1 Gen II ABS higher handlebars?

Hello guys, I am a proud owner of this "beast". I have tried to get higher handlebars for more touring ride but as I realised especially the brake line of the Abs is too short. Has anyone ever done this mod? Any help appreciate. I am desperate as I search Internet with no luck. I prefer changing the stock handlebars with something more pretty and higher. Any thoughts please?

Anyone who did this mod?
Yup. Bought the Yamaha replacement bars, and they raised my arms up about an inch and half. They sold after market SS brake lines too. You'll need them too. I think i got 36" ones. I bought two. They sold a brake bolt that allows both brake hoses to come right off the reservoir. It was real easy job. Love the extra height. Though I did notice it handles different. I guess being up higher?

It will handle a "bit" differently because there is less weight distribution over the front axis. I used simple 1.25" riser inserts with no cable changes. I overwhelmingly prefer the more upright seating position over stock because it is easier on my back and neck. It's not quite a Tenere' nor is it an R-1.

Be aware that depending on your height you may also need an aftermarket windscreen.

Back