FZ1 Gen 11

Gen I vs. Gen II

I really loved my gen I, truely with all my heart, it was a great looking, fast, confortable bike the likes of which I had not seen from another manufacturer. Until I rode a Gen II, then I traded that old slag like I never knew her, she was great while she lasted, we put a lot of miles on together, I trusted her with my life and with my time. But times change and I changed bikes, I still see her now and again, with my best friend, and I have a momentary pang of guilt and memory at the great time we spent together, that is until I crack the throttle on the the new bitch in my life, yep she was a good one til I met the Next one...

As pretty as she was, the Gen II looks better in all the right places. Fuel injection means never having to choke the bitch you love, and I do sooooo love the Gen II. For now I need no other, just a few new accesories to dress her up and give her just a little more sass, that's why I am so glad I found this forum, it's nice to see that there are so many others who feel as stongly about this bike!;)

newbie here guys....have owned gen1 and new gen2

Hi guys ,new here so if I make mistakes go easy on me....My 2 cents....I have owned the 2003 gen 1 black yellow limited edition FZ1 and now have the gen2 2006 red fz1.....wow the power up top...unbeleivable...I was told by the yamaha dealer....ah....not much difference between the 2 ....I have ridden both...same horsepower,lighter,fuel injection but not much difference...man was he ever freaking wrong....a little history of me and bikes...I traded my 2004 fjr13000 for this 2006 fz1,,,before the fjr13..had the 2003 fz1...before that ...had a 2002 bandit 1200...before that...zx12r streefighter(160BHP)...1985 honda vf1000r...gs 1150 ef...kawasaki zl600...and probably around 50 bikes in total so far...too many old goodies to mention...I picked up my gen2 last fall...so I havent ridden it much ..but for the mileage I have put on I am sure to like it...I have all ready bought a full akrapovic carbon system for it(got a smoking deal,had to buy it)...FCE ,throttle plates,block off plugs,bmc filter from yvan's,I need the power commander before the installation of exhaust...installed frame sliders,tidy license plate bracket,I do touring..so a taller windshield from givi was installed...has anyone installed the fce and what is your take on it...

Back