Fz1 Euro Faring conversion?

I’m think of full faring my fz1 from what i’ve researched this is only available in the european models of the fazer 1000 is there anywhere that sells this kit? also does anyone know what windshield or windshield faring is i’ve never seen it before. I believe it’s a Gen 2 FZ1 TE are those parts compatible with just the normal gen 2 fz1? reason i’m wondering is I want the bike more aerodynamic I have my fz1 basically tuned to r1 standards so i’m not sure if they will help with windflow

Attachments

• IMG_9473.jpeg
    IMG_9473.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
A normal fz1? There is a gen 1 and gen 2. If they made a full clothed gen 2 then parts are on ebay. Possibly nos parts on cmsnl. Why not get a R1?

IMO if you need to change more than brake pads and tires, you got the wrong vehicle.

I use to have a 2003 Bee with the optional side fairing kit. I really liked the look, but it took more time to do an oil change. I have the side fairings and plan to sell them at some point soon. You can find them if you look hard enough. I think they cost about $800 new. Mine need to be repainted. The reason to stay on the FZ1 is it is slightly more upright than the R1. I have had both and as I got older the FZ1 was just a little easier to ride.

A normal fz1? There is a gen 1 and gen 2. If they made a full clothed gen 2 then parts are on ebay. Possibly nos parts on cmsnl. Why not get a R1?

IMO if you need to change more than brake pads and tires, you got the wrong vehicle.
i use the bike quite often i plan on getting a gsxr 750 for canyons but i like the sporty full faring look the fz1 is just way more comfortable to ride around so i wanted to see where i could get that look with comfortable riding around town

Stock suspension kinda sucks.
Other than that I pretty much agree.

I’m think of full faring my fz1 from what i’ve researched this is only available in the european models of the fazer 1000 is there anywhere that sells this kit? also does anyone know what windshield or windshield faring is i’ve never seen it before. I believe it’s a Gen 2 FZ1 TE are those parts compatible with just the normal gen 2 fz1? reason i’m wondering is I want the bike more aerodynamic I have my fz1 basically tuned to r1 standards so i’m not sure if they will help with windflow
Hi there, that's my bike in the picture. The full fairings bolt right on top of the normal gen 2 (just have to take off the radiator guards. There's a couple little brackets that bolt on to the bottom of the oil pan on either side to hold them.

The windscreen is a speedscreen 2 from copperdawg. Pricey but worth it IMO.

FYI, the lower fairings take a bit of wind off your legs, but not a huge difference. I kinda prefer my bike without :)

Cheers

Attachments

• 20231208_143225.jpg
    20231208_143225.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 7
Hi there, that's my bike in the picture. The full fairings bolt right on top of the normal gen 2 (just have to take off the radiator guards. There's a couple little brackets that bolt on to the bottom of the oil pan on either side to hold them.

The windscreen is a speedscreen 2 from copperdawg. Pricey but worth it IMO.

FYI, the lower fairings take a bit of wind off your legs, but not a huge difference. I kinda prefer my bike without :)

Cheers
Oh well i very much like your bike its very clean i’m more of a fan of the full faring look do you happen to know where they sell them? I’ve looked around no luck at all

Oh well i very much like your bike its very clean i’m more of a fan of the full faring look do you happen to know where they sell them? I’ve looked around no luck at all
Mine are OEM, but I've read there's a couple places that still make them aftermarket. These ones are supposedly legit, from what I've read on Facebook:

You might also have luck creeping fz1 Facebook groups where they pop up for sale occasionally. Good luck with your search!

Back