FZ1 AS A MX'r

jnor

I met my buddy today, and we road 555 to the river. The top part of 555 from Zanesville, to Chesterhill I hate...it always has gravel/cinders in the corners, and did today (no disappointment), and was still wet in places from the dew I guess.

I came to a corner, not going fast at all, and the front end slid out , I didn't apply front brake (never in gravel especially with the wheel sliding), and applied rear brake....I hardley ever use the rear brakes, and the lever was adjusted way too high, thus making a "panic" application locking up the rear wheel. That being said I was along for the ride, but had enough sense to steer it towards the berm/ditch (into the slide). Not by any skill of my own, I didn't go down (I got help from above), and rode it thought the ditch, and back up on the road standing on the pegs, and putting all my weight to the rear (in my best Bob Hannah inpression)..... must be the black/yellow paint. Other than that it was a great ride, just under 300 miles for me. We too 555 to 7 to ST. Mary's WV., the 2 to Sistersville, and took the ferry across to fly, the up 800, to 78, to 146, and back home.

Rider error caused my near crash, but maybe 8 year old tires, damp roads, gravel/cinders, and an improperly adjusted rear brake lever helped...mind you the 8 year old tires only have 5K miles on them.

Great day to ride might just go back to WV next weekend

Just put a new pair of PR2's on it today :tup:

Were headed to WV next Sat. for a week of riding there....looks like abot 2K miles in WV....can't wait......

Back