FZ1 All Round??

Im about an hour south of the qld border little place called moree. How's about you? New south Welsh ?
I kinda enjoy doing the extra mods i imagine most do ;-)
organised to go deep sea fishing at coff in 2 weeks, ill defiantly get a ride as long as its not sold . . . .

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

Anyone looking for a serious sport bike that you can afford will be happy with a FZ1 because although it's got a more upright seating position, it's meant for the guy or gal who wants to put the machine just about to it's, and their own limits. I have toured on mine solo, from Michigan to California and back in about 12 days, staying at my destination for three days in the middle. My goal was 600 miles a day every day ad I did it. By the time I got back my rear end was telling me to let the bike sit for a while. Some riders think it can be a "real" tourer but it can't and that's not what it was meant for. Thank the good Lord you need to stop for fuel about every two hours so your but can return to it's normal contour. If I was to purchase a bike specifically for long distance work, I'd be looking elsewhere. If you want a really fun and capable bike in the tight stuff,the FZ1 is hard to beat.

I couldn't describe the bike better myself. I've been lucky enough to try a lot of bikes. Nothing hits that sweet spot that the FZ1 creates better than that bike. But as you get older it really becomes a difficult bike for repeated long distance rides. A used FJR for instance would be a much better long distance tourer and still provide you with some twisty fun. But it is a heavy bike, like my C14 and if most of your riding is a few hours at a time the light weight of the FZ1 makes it a pleasure and better suited for your purposes. Same with cars: A top of the line Porsche would probably take any of us in the twisties but I'd rather have a Dodge Caravan to go cross country.

Im about an hour south of the qld border little place called moree. How's about you? New south Welsh ?
I kinda enjoy doing the extra mods i imagine most do ;-)
organised to go deep sea fishing at coff in 2 weeks, ill defiantly get a ride as long as its not sold . . . .

Im near Tweed Heads. Hope your fishing trip turns out good. 5 years ago when I turned 50 my wife organised a week end away at Coff's
with a fishing trip and when I got there in the morning to go fishing there wasn't anyone there. So I phoned the dude that owned the boat and he said that he was not going out
as he didn't have enough passengers. I cant remember what the fishing company's name was now but I remember that I was kind of glade we didn't go as the boat looked really crap LOL!!

Last edited:
Ah that was a bugger but prob also a good thing can't wait to go i haven't been before, thanks mate. I head up around surfers paradise a lot for a bit of a holiday and to see the lady friend at uni. Loved the ride up to Orielly's cafe at canungra great fun.

Back