Fz1 acceleration times

a7x3797

So I filmed a 0-100 take off the other day, after putting it to the stopwatch, my 0-60 was about 2.8s and 0-100 was just over 6s. I must say... That is pretty freakin fast.

Anyone else have similar experience with numbers?

Also all these hard launches have taken a toll on my clutch... I will be replacing over the winter with an OEM

Out of interest is the bike stock or with some mods? And what gearing is that using?

I find it more difficult to launch the FZ1 compared to many other bikes i had and it never felt all that fast but never thought to actually time it....

I might try this

Out of interest is the bike stock or with some mods? And what gearing is that using?

I find it more difficult to launch the FZ1 compared to many other bikes i had and it never felt all that fast but never thought to actually time it....

I might try this

Basically full mods, except for ECU flash. +1/-1 gearing. It is a tough bike to launch without bogging down pretty bad, or if you launch too high, keeping the wheel down

So I filmed a 0-100 take off the other day, after putting it to the stopwatch, my 0-60 was about 2.8s and 0-100 was just over 6s. I must say... That is pretty freakin fast.

Anyone else have similar experience with numbers?

Also all these hard launches have taken a toll on my clutch... I will be replacing over the winter with an OEM

have you adjusted the clutch at all? as it wears it needs adjustment. also I found on mine i needed more slack than factory spec or the clutch felt wonky...

Every d*** bike i get into my shop people have the clutch adjusted so there is no slack at the lever. There is a supposed to be slack there and just a bit of adjustment can make a huge difference.

Last edited:
have you adjusted the clutch at all? as it wears it needs adjustment. also I found on mine i needed more slack than factory spec or the clutch felt wonky...

Every d*** bike i get into my shop people have the clutch adjusted so there is no slack at the lever. There is a supposed to be slack there and just a bit of adjustment can make a huge difference.

I have been fighting with adjusting at the lever for a few months. I constantly have to make little adjustments every ride. I'm almost at the end of my adjuster and I still have only a little slack. It definitely helped at first, but now I'm pretty sure the clutch is gone. I've had a few rides where I come back and the clutch smells burnt

Basically full mods, except for ECU flash. +1/-1 gearing. It is a tough bike to launch without bogging down pretty bad, or if you launch too high, keeping the wheel down

I agree, i find the clutch has quite a large friction zone compared to other bikes i have rode, great for comfort and not stalling but i find it makes for a slower launch as you are hunting for the perfect "bite" and i agree on trying to find the happy spot between bogging and lifting the front,

When you say +1/-1 are you counting the rear sprocket first? so you 16t at the front and 1 extra tooth on the back?

If your going to constantly abuse the clutch, heavier/stronger clutch pressure plate springs are recommended.

Ive done extensive research and it seems like OEM is the way to go. Unless you have a suggestion, such as Barnett, and a positive experience. I dont want to spend $200+ on a clutch unless im certain

Back