Funny new Harley/ lifestyle lol

I live 9 miles from Bandera, Texas and this area is a bike magnet. Every Harley ever built is here or has been here.

I can tell you this for certain.

Harley riders aren't into riding.

They're into being Harley riders.

A lot of folks trailer their Harleys here to unload them and then park and walk around, in uniform, to talk about Harley stuff. Riding not required. Harley riders ride 50 miles from San Antonio to park in front of popular biker bars and drink beer all weekend. 3 Sisters? What's that? Another round, bartender!

As long as you wear the cool, black leather uniform and have the correct patches on your cool denim, sleeveless vest; you satisfy the requirements. Riding skills are not a requirement. Honest. Riding may be a component of but is not a required part of being a Harley rider. Just look the part. You old guys need to get in on this before free membership period runs out.

I see them out in the 3 Sisters. Curves that senile old men in cages can handle are beyond most Harley riders abilities but they will make up for it on the straights. It's not about performance, it's about visual impact.

I'm in the Bent Rim Cafe "showroom" and some fat, fiftyish and obviously new-to-the-scene Harley rider with all the required uniform components is telling the sales woman that he's with the "Gunslingers" out of Austin. Everything is clean and bright and he has that "newbie FNG" look. Well, he has crossed revolvers on his gang/team/club vest crest and I've got a legal and loaded .45 in my waistband but no crests, no patches and no cute name. I wouldn't have even blinked an eye if he had said he was with the East Austin Quilt Embroiderers but it just has to be so over the top, "GUNSLINGERS". Just in case you think I don't respect old people, I'm 65. And, I take the curves as they come. At the posted speed or a bit better for the fun of it. Maybe just a little bit faster.

Harley riding is about your personal image and not about your riding. Me? As I please, image doesn't pay any dividends.

If I meet you on the road, we are equals regardless of your ride but if your chosen ride is a barstool and if you let other folks determine your clothing choices and you don't really know how to ride a two-wheeled, single track vehicle, don't expect a lot of admiration from me regardless of your pretty uniform. Gunslingers!

Last edited:
There's one post here that sticks out from all the light and fun responses to this video. Boo! :(

Why so much Harley hate? A bike is a bike and a poser is a poser no matter what brand they stick to. I've seen just as many sportbike posers or Ewan McGregor wannabes on adventure bikes.

I wonder if Harley bashing has the same Freudian truths as gay bashing? ;)

It's not HD bashing, it's bashing the idiot who bought the bike (could have been any brand) and clearly knows ZIP about them. He's (unfortunately) not going to survive long on unless he gets some training.

I live 9 miles from Bandera, Texas and this area is a bike magnet. Every Harley ever built is here or has been here.

I can tell you this for certain.

Harley riders aren't into riding.

They're into being Harley riders.

A lot of folks trailer their Harleys here to unload them and then park and walk around, in uniform, to talk about Harley stuff. Riding not required. Harley riders ride 50 miles from San Antonio to park in front of popular biker bars and drink beer all weekend. 3 Sisters? What's that? Another round, bartender!

As long as you wear the cool, black leather uniform and have the correct patches on your cool denim, sleeveless vest; you satisfy the requirements. Riding skills are not a requirement. Honest. Riding may be a component of but is not a required part of being a Harley rider. Just look the part. You old guys need to get in on this before free membership period runs out.

I see them out in the 3 Sisters. Curves that senile old men in cages can handle are beyond most Harley riders abilities but they will make up for it on the straights. It's not about performance, it's about visual impact.

I'm in the Bent Rim Cafe "showroom" and some fat, fiftyish and obviously new-to-the-scene Harley rider with all the required uniform components is telling the sales woman that he's with the "Gunslingers" out of Austin. Everything is clean and bright and he has that "newbie FNG" look. Well, he has crossed revolvers on his gang/team/club vest crest and I've got a legal and loaded .45 in my waistband but no crests, no patches and no cute name. I wouldn't have even blinked an eye if he had said he was with the East Austin Quilt Embroiderers but it just has to be so over the top, "GUNSLINGERS". Just in case you think I don't respect old people, I'm 65. And, I take the curves as they come. At the posted speed or a bit better for the fun of it. Maybe just a little bit faster.

Harley riding is about your personal image and not about your riding. Me? As I please, image doesn't pay any dividends.

If I meet you on the road, we are equals regardless of your ride but if your chosen ride is a barstool and if you let other folks determine your clothing choices and you don't really know how to ride a two-wheeled, single track vehicle, don't expect a lot of admiration from me regardless of your pretty uniform. Gunslingers!

I just have to send this to one of my Harley buds who bought one of their three-wheeers two years ago. He has all of about 800 miles on it going into it's 3rd year of ownership and it is waiting for a new brake switch for the rear as Harley has determined they can overheat, let brake fluid hit the exhaust, and catch fire.

I wonder if Harley bashing has the same Freudian truths as gay bashing? ;)

You certainly do miss the point.

I don't measure you by the bike you ride, I measure you by how you ride and how you behave in public.

Vancouver, and surrounding communities, don't have the bike magnets that the Texas Hill Country has. Even Penticton, in the summer, is not in the same league.

We have these Harley folks in massive numbers coming into our communities and causing us locals distress but they don't ride considerately. We have to put up with all their unique interests but they don't qualify as bikers the way other diverse groups do.

I'd like to ask that you reconsider your undue comments. I'm not anti-anything unless it is folks inconsiderate of others.

I do understand that the Canadian vision of "tolerance" is different from the American version and your comments suggest that. I was a Canadian for a long time, I wore the uniform and I was a patriot, but I am an American and I know that the 1st Amendment to the Constitution is something that I can cherish and you don't have it in Canada where religious leaders can be taken to court for quoting the Bible.

PS: Have you ever done the White Lake Road from Fairview to Kaleden?

Last edited:
You certainly do miss the point.

I don't measure you by the bike you ride, I measure you by how you ride and how you behave in public.

I'd like to ask that you reconsider your undue comments. I'm not anti-anything unless it is folks inconsiderate of others.

I obviously mistook what you were saying so I apologise :)

Last edited:
Yep. I thought posting the series would make it a little clearer that the videos were made as sarcasm. Every brand/style of bike has it's posers, I suppose. This parody just happens to be targeting HD, but I'm sure we could all find similar videos or statements regarding Ducati, Triumph, Big Dog, Victory, "Sport Bikes," "Cruisers," "Motards," and a number of others.

Moral of the story: Don't take yourself or your bike too seriously. Just Ride.

Last edited:
Of course there are posers with every brand or style of bike. But per capita Harley owners do it up bigger then anyone else! :) And more expensively!
I told the story once already, about the guy with the brand new big old Road King, that he always trailered everywhere, knew every statistic about it, but had no idea how to ride it. Just wanted the persona of it. I think what it is, is I'm cool with what makes you happy, if you wanna buy it and keep it as a trophy, whatever. But don't look down your nose at me and mine because it isn't a Harley, when I personally pull my own bike apart for repairs and maintenance, and put at least 15,000 miles a year on it. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back