Full exhaust or just header?

I have a 2012 fz1, only performance mods are the k&n filter and gytr slip on. At some point I was thinking about upgrading to a full exhaust. Since I already have the slip on should I just buy the arrow header or something similar? I've tried to search this issue but all the examples I found the bikes always have other mods. Is it worth buying the full exhaust, like the yoshi one, or is the power gain pretty much the same but just adding a header to my current setup?

I have the Arrow header and while it's an excellent mod, if I was to do it again, I would buy a full Yoshi system. The longer secondaries give a big boost in midrange performance.
My Arrow header shows around 90 HP at the 7k rpm mark, while the Yoshi has around 100hp at the same rpm.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Depends on how deep your pockets are. Or if you can sell the slipon. I got the full Yoshi and am very happy that is the way I went as outright top end was not my objective but improving the midrange was. For longevity I would probably have not gone with carbon, if the packing burns out, the carbon can be damaged.

I have the Yoshi Carbon slip on 5K miles on it. Just re-packed it. Look Good to me in there. Sounds better tho, with a full system does one need to add a box and re-map it ? I'd like better response and more mid.

I have Arrow headers and the Micron GP slipon. I like the Micron slip on more than the Yoshi systems and had the GYTR Carbon slipon before that. Here's my Dyno Chart after the PCV was tuned for the relavant setup.

Red line - Stock tune with carbon GYTR slip on and BMC airfilter (no PCV mapping)
Blue line - tuned with above mods
green line - tuned for Arrow headers, Micron GP slipon and BMC airfilter.

*NOTE* when it was on the Dyno for teh Micron/Arrow tune it was 36*C air temp, less humid and less air pressure. Blue and green lines were at 21*C, more humidity and more air pressure. The Dyno said the difference between the two days was 3%, so add 3% onto the red line values to compare the red to the green and blue lines.

The arrow headers gave 5hp more top end and 1 hp more bottom end without the 3% adjustment added on. With the adjustment the bike is now over 150 hp top end.

The drop in torque between 4 - 4.5k rpm is slightly noticeable, not huge, but I can notice the difference. The gain down low below 4k is definitely noticeable, it pulls off the line like a beast now.

Attachments

• Arrow Tune.jpg
    Arrow Tune.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 87
Back