Fuel milage from FZ6 to FZ1

Chucknorris

All you guy's that have made the step up to the 1000 from the 600,was a considerable amount of differance in fuel consumption? I can really notice the differance especially when the Wife says you need gas again I have 3 to 4 bars left:wtf:

As I mentioned in the other post, I used to get 43 on naked FZ6 and now get 34 on faired FZ1.

Some *big* bikes get much better mpg.. FJR, for example can get over 40, having a 1300cc engine.

I know Ninja 1000 is similar to FZ1 in terms of fuel eco. Full on supersports typically do even worse.

Yes, this is the case. I came from the 2005 and then a 2008 FZ6... I know first-hand as does Erci...

These are not bikes made for fuel economy. These were made for raw power, top speed and canyon carving. Thoughts of MPG were thrown out the window and replaced with the GBMFGF! It worked!

I reckon my 2006 GSX-R1000 was better on fuel than my 2010 FZ1N. This bike just chugs fuel. Maybe it's due to having no fairings?

Sent from my GT-I9300

well yes of course it's a bigger engine needing more fuel to operate. i went for 40-50's on my fz6 to 25-35 on my fz1. yes i know 25 is low but i'm heavy handed

on normal ridding I get high 30's to low 40's on my FZ1 but it has Ivans old kit on it which helped the mileage. and a 16 tooth sprocket..better start modifying it..lol.

my stock 2007 gets 41mpg with a little bit of fast acceleration and doing an even mix of 85mph and 65mph. I have also been on a couple runs with friends when I only got about 20. I did get a K&N air filter that added 1-2 MPH. Love it though

The good news is that the milage on the FZ1 was much better than my Ford F150 or my Mustang! ;)

And does not require Premium fuel like my STI does....

If you were concerned with MPG's you should look at a Gen 1. I average 44mpg and have yet to get under 40mpg. i ride to work 4-5 days a week.

my 2008 Fz6 consistently got 44 mpg and I believe it has a larger tank (5 gallon)

My 2009 Fz1 naked gets 30 mpg in the city and 36 when touring and has a 4 gallon tank. I typically get 110 miles off a tank in the city and 135 when touring.

yeah I have some interesting FZ mileage stories too. disclaimer, i like feeling my acceleration pretty often...

my 07 fz6 got over 40 always, was great regardless of how it was ridden and where

my 04 fz1 got 30-35 (city to highway), not my fave however

my 08 fz1 is the biggest spread. i get almost 40 on straight freeway tanks, but as little as 24 when i've only been in the city. pretty odd, if anyone's reading this, would a powercommander help?

and then the '85 fz750... well the gas gauge was broken, but it was bad. fun bike only had it 3 months during a seasonal out of state job

as said before, these numbers are all better than the car (in my case a Audi S4 with a V8 and a lead-footed driver (as bad as 13 mpg). so i try not to worry about gas on my bike, just speeding tickets ;)

my 08 fz1 is the biggest spread. i get almost 40 on straight freeway tanks, but as little as 24 when i've only been in the city. pretty odd, if anyone's reading this, would a powercommander help?

Nope, PC will make it worse. The only way to make it *better* would be to lean out the map and if I'm not mistaken there's very little room for that, as the OEM ECU is already very lean.

Most maps are richer than OEM, so MPG actually goes down (in some cases a lot).

my 2008 Fz6 consistently got 44 mpg and I believe it has a larger tank (5 gallon)

My 2009 Fz1 naked gets 30 mpg in the city and 36 when touring and has a 4 gallon tank. I typically get 110 miles off a tank in the city and 135 when touring.

FZ6 has a 5.1g tank. FZ1 has a 4.75g tank (06 - current).

If you can consistently get 36 when touring (let's use 35), you can safely do 150 miles before refueling (that'll put you about 20 miles into reserve). Total distance full to empty being 165.

I filled up my bike today at 191 miles, She took 4.4 Gallons. 43.4mpg on the last tank.

Commuting to work. 100 km round trip. 45min to 60min each way. 20 min highway + remainder in heavy rush hour traffic.

2006 FZ6
5.0 L/100 km (47.0 MPG)
19.4 L tank

2009 FZ1
6.0 L/100 km (39.2 MPG)
18 L tank

2013 Fazer 8
5.2 L/100 km (45.2 MPG)
17 L tank

I filled up my bike today at 191 miles, She took 4.4 Gallons. 43.4mpg on the last tank.

Why does my fuel gauge start flashing at around 3.6/3.7 gallons? The most fuel I've ever put in it is 4.0 gallons because as soon as it starts flashing the most I've gone is 9 miles into the reserve because I've ran out of gas in a car and I get paranoid as hell about it never happening again. 139 miles is my longest tank and I calculated out to 37 mpg.

ERCI thanks for pointing out my error, I got the tank before reserved (3.8) confused with the whole tank (4.5) I think.

Why does my fuel gauge start flashing at around 3.6/3.7 gallons? The most fuel I've ever put in it is 4.0 gallons because as soon as it starts flashing the most I've gone is 9 miles into the reserve because I've ran out of gas in a car and I get paranoid as hell about it never happening again. 139 miles is my longest tank and I calculated out to 37 mpg.

ERCI thanks for pointing out my error, I got the tank before reserved (3.8) confused with the whole tank (4.5) I think.

Mine does the same. Sometimes it starts flashing when only 3 gallons are gone so technically I have 1.8 gallons left. Regardless I use one of the trip odometers to keep track of the fuel.

Mine does the same. Sometimes it starts flashing when only 3 gallons are gone so technically I have 1.8 gallons left. Regardless I use one of the trip odometers to keep track of the fuel.

Yeah – if you have a solid 1-bar of fuel indicated left, but you start it on the side-stand (leaned-over) it will go to F-trip. Sometimes, as I ride, the F-trip will turn-off and go back to 1-bar.

Anyway – just filled mine this morning. Pretty much all commuting miles and mostly light-handed: 143 miles on 3.45g = 41.4 mpg…

Back