Fuel hose kinked (Modified)

Thanks to this forum i discovered that my gen 2 FZ1 had the kinked fuel hose problem. I am not sure if i had noticed any fuel starvation problems but i will test ride it later this week and see if i can notice any difference.

I think the original hose is too short and this is the cause of the kinking.

I ordered a new braided 6mm id hose from a local motorsports supplier and modified it. I made it 50cm longer.

The only issue i had was removing the old hose from the push fit ends. i applied a bit of gentle heat to soften the plastic and pinched it with pliers to stretch it until i could remove it.

I used small pipe clamps to secure it to the push fit ends just to be on the safe side.
I have ran the bike for around ten minutes too check for any leaks and so far so good.

Last edited:
It's a chronic issue with the stock line and good for you for getting it fixed. I've done this to both mine and my wife's FZ1's. :tup:

Thanks to this forum i discovered that my gen 2 FZ1 had the kinked fuel hose problem. I am not sure if i had noticed any fuel starvation problems but i will test ride it later this week and see if i can notice any difference.

I think the original hose is too short and this is the cause of the kinking.

I ordered a new braided 6mm id hose from a local motorsports supplier and modified it. I made it 50cm longer.

The only issue i had was removing the old hose from the push fit ends. i applied a bit of gentle heat to soften the plastic and pinched it with pliers to stretch it until i could remove it.

I used small pipe clamps to secure it to the push fit ends just to be on the safe side.
I have ran the bike for around ten minutes too check for any leaks and so far so good.

Since you don't reuse the stock hose you can just take a utility knife (or safety razor) and just cut a slit in it to remove it. Just take care not to dig too deep into the plastic connector that you will be reusing.

Back