Fuel Cut Eliminator

I have an 06 Fz1n and the snatchy jerky throttle was pi**ing me off, I installed Ivans FCE and what a difference smooth, Predictable and more grunt. I fully recommend this mod for $200 its worth it. Cheers

I have an 06 Fz1n and the snatchy jerky throttle was pi**ing me off, I installed Ivans FCE and what a difference smooth, Predictable and more grunt. I fully recommend this mod for $200 its worth it. Cheers

Yea, on the '06 model is probably the best money spent on the bike...

I have an 08. First annoyance I noticed when getting on this bike vs. my old CBR600 carbureted bike was how jerky the takeoff / rollon was unless I was super careful with the throttle twist. At first I thought it was just the nature of EFI bikes but then I read up on the issue here and bought the FCE. That solved the problem immediately. Now when I turn the throttle all I have to deal with is the typical loading of the engine while torquing up the power to pull the mass of the bike and me. No more herky-jerk take-offs. After that adding the power commander and the right map made the throttle response and roll-on much more predictable throughout the speed and rpm / gear range. I'm sure it also increased the power, but honestly the stock bike had lots of power, but sometimes felt like a two-stroke hitting the pipe unexpectedly. I mean the pull just seemed to make a vertical (vs. linear) transition at certain speeds and rpms. Now my bike is soooo much more enjoyable to ride because it's more effortless and predictable at every point in the throttle position and rpm range.

I see this issue is not unique to the FZ1OA...LOL...

I have an 08' and found the delay by accident one day. A week later the FCE was installed, problem solved. I can ride with total confidence now, and I have not had any engine lights or codes.
The problem exists through 09', and an FCE will fix it. Is it necessary? I don't know. I wouldn't want mine without it once I discovered the problem. The first few times it happened, it startled me pretty good. Now I run with no secondary flies or spindle, but I keep the FCE in play because I never want to feel that delay again. Now, if could only get one for my 05' Pathfinder, I'd be all set. I can feel fuel cut on that thing quite a bit.;)

I am curious to see of they've fixed it all the way with the 2010 model.

I am curious to see of they've fixed it all the way with the 2010 model.

Well according to Yamaha the 2010 model has received the following improvement:

The ECU mapping has been revised to achieve improved throttle response in the low to mid-rpm range.

Let's wait and see until we get feedback from some 2010 owners...

If you are into graphs and data, this may help. This is coming off my PC2/LCD setup and a three axis accelerometer. In
the lower graph the accelerometer data is shown in raw format and somewhat less filtering. This is all in 2ed rear. This
is a 2008 bike with can exhaust, 15 tooth and PC3. The flies and airbox are stock.

PC3LogVsAccelLog.jpg

PC3LogVsAccelLogDetailed.jpg

Have fun tuning

Last edited:
Back