2010 Yamaha FZ1
Black/Gold
11295 Miles (and climbing…)
Clean Title
Original Owner
Extended Warranty (5 years total)
Located in Martinez, CA
$7,900 OBO

I bought the bike new from a dealer in Feb 2011. I’ve babied this bike – always garaged, engine broken in per manual, oil and oil filter changes every 3k miles. Tires (Dunlop Q2’s) and coolant just changed at 9641 miles. I did all the maintenance myself. It hasn’t been back to the dealer for any of the major service checks because I think it’s a waste of money.

I bought the bike for touring, and have done several long (1,500mi+) trips on it. The rest of the miles are from a combination of commuting and weekend rides through the local twisties. I’ve never tracked/raced/stunted this bike.

It has never been crashed and has only been on its side 3 times. All 3 times were from a dead stop and it was eased over. Luckily, all 3 times I had the tail bag on which bore the brunt of the impact, so there was no damage to the bike. However, the tail bag is a bit scuffed up, although perfectly functional.

The tail bag is huge – I’ve had two full size helmets, my boots, and gloves in at once. I’ve also been able to fit enough in it for 3-4 day trips. If a 55 liter tail bag isn’t big enough for you, I think it would be easy to pick up saddle bags and mount them to the SW-Motech rack I’ve got on it.

Modifications
*Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen
*MIVV GP Slip On
*Shogun Frame Sliders
*Shogun Spool Sliders (Rear)
*Fire Dragon Brothers Clutch/Brake Levers
*RadArmor
*Yamaha Gel Comfort Seat
*SW-Motech AluRack
*GIVI E-55 Tail Bag

Also included in the sale are the stock exhaust pipe, stock clutch/brake levers, stock seat, and stock windscreen.

This has been a great bike. The only reason I’m selling it is because I’m reorganizing the herd I’ve got in my garage, and I don’t need two sport bikes. Please email me at jingksed at gmail dot com as I have this listing on several sites and won’t be checking them often.

Back