Front Wheel Bearings

So I have a used front wheel on the way, and am using the parts from my existing wheel on the new one. I figured at 40K+ I would probably be smart to replace the bearings. This leads me to 2 questions. First, what is the general recommendation and where should I buy? I found a couple threads in the search that mentioned All Balls, and I found them on ebay, your thoughts? Second, I have a tube of Marine grease that I used to apply on ATV bearings and trailer tires. Is this acceptable on the FZ?

Thanks in advance!

The repair manual just calls for "Wheel bearing grease" It also shows "Lithium-soap-based grease"

That's what my shop manual says as well (same book). Me the last time I had a wheel off I repacked the bearings with a tube of "Wheel Bearing Grease" That I had in my shop, that was bought at the local autoparts store.

I use marine bearing grease. It was recommended to me by my ESP (they do my dirt bike suspension) and a good friend who has been working on bikes for 30+ years. Dirt bikes get hammered I know I have 3 of them right now. It's amazing how they hold up with the right care given the extreme enviroment they live in.

The Bel Ray stuff once it heats up seeps a bit. I've never had marine bearing grease seep and all my bearing seats are in great shape. It's cheap and readly available. And I've found it to work fantastic.

The lithium soap based stuff has a high drip temp (350-400 degrees F) and has a few other qualities that make is good for bearings. Chances are your other greases, classified as bearing grease may be partially or entirely lithium soap based.

I wonder if marine grease would make sense so that if water (from washing/rain) would ever come in contact with it would still hold up better?

I have used All Balls for my honda i use to have, I even massed up the bearings installing them (Not that i told them that)and they sent me a new set free of charge afew days later with no problems.

Back