Front Sproket and Oil Filter - Sydney, Australia

PK1

As I was going through my garage I found a brand new, still in original unopened packaging, genuine Yamaha 16T front sprocket and a new oil filter for the Gen II.

As you know I'm no longer on the FZ1 so if any of you blokes in Australia want to give me $40 (+ postage) for both sprocket and filter pm me with your postal details (and nearest post office) and I'll send them COD (you pay the post office).

Last edited:
Stock front sprocket for a Gen2 is 17T. 16T is stock on Gen1. Lots of people put the 16T on the Gen2 for better low end performance, it'll throw your speedo & odo out of whack - you can mentally compensate or else buy a speedohealer/speedodrd to correct it.

Yeah...I know. But its a common mod.....one I never got around too.

As a matter of fact, thanks for reminding me......I have a Speedo Healer V4 and harness too...brand new still in original packing. All up it cost me $140. I'll sell it for $100 plus post.

Possibly. Well he does now.....thanks mate.

It's a fantastic mod, every Gen2 owner should do it. I definitely recommend the SpeedoHealer or SpeedoDRD with it, my correction with the 16T and a 190/55 on the back is -10.5%.

The real problem is it's only you and me adding to this thread!

I've a mate who has an FZ1 without either of these mods, I'll link it to him.

So the genuine Yamaha 16T front sprocket (std on the Gen II is a17t, but this is a popular mod), new oil filter for the Gen II and the V4 Speedo Healer (inc harness) are still up for grabs. Australia only.

Sprocket and filter - $40 plus post.
Speedo Healer - $100 plus post.
The lot - $130 plus post.

All of it brand new and still in packing.

Back