Front headift/stemlift stand pin size question?

I want to buy a front headlift / stemlift stand.
What size pin is used for the GenII's?

Not sure of the diameter, but I have a Pitbull stand and the "standard" pin pits the FZ1 just fine. If I get a chance I will try and measure the diameter for you tonight.

I measured the hole with verniers today at work and it's around 22-23 mm.
It was a little hard getting the verniers in there but I have ordered a 21mm pin with my new headlift stand.

I measured the hole with verniers today at work and it's around 22-23 mm.
It was a little hard getting the verniers in there but I have ordered a 21mm pin with my new headlift stand.

Sorry I had forgotten all about this thread. I measured the pin diameter on my stand and it's 19mm. It fits both of my bikes and from what I remember it's a fairly good fit on the FZ1.

No worries.
A lot of people have the 19mm one which fits bit I ordered the 21mm one which fits a bit neater.
It was very handy for adjusting the fork height on my bike.

No worries.
A lot of people have the 19mm one which fits bit I ordered the 21mm one which fits a bit neater.
It was very handy for adjusting the fork height on my bike.

Well for me the 19mm one is good enough. The bonus is that the 19mm pin works on both of my bikes so I never have to worry about swapping it out. And to tell you the truth I rarely use it on the FZ1 since it has the centerstand and I use that for the most part. I guess it will come in handy when it's time to replace the tires ;)

There's no centre stand on the naked model, just the brackets where it goes.
My Dunlop Q2 rear is already nearly finished. The centre has around 1mm left so I'll be changing tyres again soon too.
They probably lasted around 5000-6000 klms and stick like shit to a blanket.
I think I'll get another set as they are awesome tyres with heaps of grip.

Sorry for hijacking.

how people manage to lift bikes from stem cos i have naked model and i have brake lines in way of that hole :frown: so have people move those ?? cos when i last time lift the bike up i had to to remove light to undo bolt that holds brake hose in stem.. and horn too....

Sorry for hijacking.

how people manage to lift bikes from stem cos i have naked model and i have brake lines in way of that hole :frown: so have people move those ?? cos when i last time lift the bike up i had to to remove light to undo bolt that holds brake hose in stem.. and horn too....

I replaced my front brake lines with aftermarket HEL ones so the brake lines don't get in the way now.
I still have to remove the horn to use the stand though.

Sorry for hijacking.

It's not a big deal to unbolt the brake lines and horn when the front stand needs to be used.

Back