Front gets wobbly at track (1/4) or under WOT in higher RPM

silentcropduster

itle says it all. Anybody else experience this?

Bike has always been this way, I'm 99% sure a GPR V4 will help dramatically but could it be anything else I'm not considering?

Front tire is about 50% tread but isn't wore wierd.

double thumbin' it!

Is the tire worn evenly? Is there any cupping or scalloping on the tread?

Loose or worn steering head bearings can cause these symptoms as well

I agree with Dustin about loose head bearings. They might not be worn but just loose if you ride on bumpy roads. However I used to get the same issue with the stock rear shock. When I upgraded with Satin's adapter and 08 R1 shock it helped a lot. Then I had it tuned and I haven't felt it ever since. Maybe try fiddling with the rear or dropping the fronts.

I agree with Dustin about loose head bearings. They might not be worn but just loose if you ride on bumpy roads. However I used to get the same issue with the stock rear shock. When I upgraded with Satin's adapter and 08 R1 shock it helped a lot. Then I had it tuned and I haven't felt it ever since. Maybe try fiddling with the rear or dropping the fronts.
Front is dropped 1" but I'll look into all this!

double thumbin' it!

A 1" drop on the front is going to result in very twitchy and aggressive steering, especially if the rear is stock. I bet this is your issue. With stock rear height and a stock 50 profile rear tyre, mine was dropped about 17mm on the front to get the geometry just right. 1" is another 7mm more than that. I noticed that 3mm more and my steering is too far too tippy for my liking.

I'd get your suspension geometry checked.

A 1" drop on the front is going to result in very twitchy and aggressive steering, especially if the rear is stock. I bet this is your issue. With stock rear height and a stock 50 profile rear tyre, mine was dropped about 17mm on the front to get the geometry just right. 1" is another 7mm more than that. I noticed that 3mm more and my steering is too far too tippy for my liking.

I'd get your suspension geometry checked.
Sorry I meant 2 say both front and back are dropped 1" I also have the Satan666 adapter + 04 R1 shock

double thumbin' it!

They sometimes need to be checked and retorqued. I think the manual has it on a regular interval

Cant remember the correct amount but the bearings are torqued up to give resistance. You need to put a scale on the end of the bars and measure how much lbs or kg are needed to move them. Sort of crude steering stabiliser. I'd start there. Then move on to geometry.

Might need a new front tire actually. It seems 2b wearing weird. Got the bike was 4k miles, it now has about 8k
d7e51b4450e62437d6e030ba3b63f5cd.jpg
ce3fbf32536868b93b203be15b415ef4.jpg

double thumbin' it!

As everyone said, tires and head bearings. I had a terrible headshake when I let off the bars on deceleration. Turned out to be loose steering head even if the nut was torqued correctly. Still getting the shake as my bearings are worn from riding like that for many miles.

I would be buying a new front tyre & getting it balanced correctly first, [ at least get it rebalanced] most front tyres will wear one side quicker than the other, when riding on the road, which side depends what side of the road you drive on in your country.

Last edited:
As everyone said, tires and head bearings. I had a terrible headshake when I let off the bars on deceleration. Turned out to be loose steering head even if the nut was torqued correctly. Still getting the shake as my bearings are worn from riding like that for many miles.
"As everyone said"....u getting mouthy with me bro?! Lol but yes I'll check all of the above if that doesn't work....new tire it is!

double thumbin' it!

Back