front fork replacement

My front fork bent from a crash, can i use a R1 front end with the inverted fork? Anyone know where i could find a used fork?? thanks

Some people have installed R1 forks, but I don't know what it will do to the handling of the bike since R1 forks are shorter than the FZ1 ones. This means the bike will sit lower in the front. Also you will need the R1 calipers since they are of the radial mounted variety. 04-06 R1 forks might be your best bet if you go that route since the rotors are the same diameter as the FZ1 and that will be one less thing to worry about. Check out eBay for some R1 or FZ1 forks. Have seen plenty of them on there in the past. Good luck with the project :tup:

I know before when I was looking on ebay for forks they werent excactly the cheapest for being used and such, but a company that will machine forks for you for a good price is called Franks Forks. i cant remeber the cost exactly but it seems there were really good price for both fork tubes on a Suzuki Bandit 1250. You might want to look them up and look into what they could do for you.

my bike is a 2001. the clutch side upper tube is bent, everything elsr looks ok. i havent checked the cost of new yet. i thought i could find a fork set but no luck yet.

Billy can help with this. He just bought and replaced an inner tube. I think the tube was about $110 - $125 from Partshark.com You'd probably want the fork seal kit as well. You can do this yourself for under $200 provided nothing internal is damaged. How bad is the bend? Pics?

Back