Front end feels light?

Can't set the rear more, in position 1. Probably time to upgrade the rear shock.

For us "bigger" riders, is there a suggested spring or shock for the rear?

On the GEN II, 1 is the soft setting. 7 is the hard (large dude) setting. I weight 230 lbs with gear on and I keep my rear shock on 6. The front is cranked to one ring showing (equal to the rear's hard 6 setting).

if running stock setup on the rear -- probably need a 650lb spring, if around 230ish. Pushing the evenlope maybe 700.

But you can also get the shocked serviced @ Traxxion for around 2-300 (higher if you replace spring) which is a more economical way. Unless you happen to find a deal on a Penske -- which I'm still waiting to take a test ride on my recent installation....

I search for that light front end feeling in the twists. That tells my imagination that I must be near the 40/60 weight distribution. This happens with mild roll on.

Now if it feels light after the chop. don't know what that is.

Running a stiff hyper shock. Forks are firm, but stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get is serviced @ Traxxion Dynamics... but service / re-valve, it'll still need a new spring... and they'll put one on for you for about $100.

I went the Penske route on my rear suspension... with a 650lb spring... stock re-valved, and re-sprung is nice.... but Penske... that's something special..

Back