Front Brake SOMETIMES turns on rear brake light

Sevinsky

Hey guys,

Long time no see. I'm not too sure how this is happening. Whenever I activate my front brake, my rear light turn on only sometimes.

Obviously I need it to turn on every time I hit the breaks, and not only when it feels like it. I do not know what the problem is here. Could anyone help?

I have been looking up problems already and some people have said it could be the break light switch? Yesterday I went and cleaned off the switch (for some reason is in only covered by a bit of rubber). It helped a small amount, but still doesn't work like it should.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

-Kiera

PS: What does that (OP) mean under my username? <<<

it could be a bad switch... meaning that the internals aren't functioning properly... or it could be that the plastic tabs that hold the switch in place are broken, and the switch is sliding around in the hole... either way, the solution is to replace the switch.... It's a couple bucks on Partshark... you'll probably pay more for shipping than for the switch itself.

Had the problem last year ,,, took the switch off & soaked it in a small bath of wd40 worked a few times ,dryed it off & refitted .
No problems so far :cheerleader:

when you get the chance and are buying "other" items from a source of parts, get a new switch for when the one you have now fails completely.
better than a ticket.

:2cents:

Back