From Cbr to fz1: initial impression of a first time Fz owner.

Who's getting 250 miles to a tank on a FZ1?? Dustin, I think I got 175 or180 tops on my gen II.

I get 165 on the CBR ;)

I was averaging around 200 miles on my gen 1 (same as his) but could comfortably do 250 miles while on tour. Any more and I would be getting into nervous territory, though.

The gen 1 extra large tank really makes the difference

I don't understand the point with wanting to go faster, I'm not trying to be a troll but the fz1 does over 70MPH in first gear... The speed limit is 65MPH in most places so how fast you actually want to go? I constantly hear people talk about performance but it's not performance you need, it's speed, and if that's the case just jump out a plane because it's safer and won't make all sport bike owners look bad. Sorry, just saying...

I don't understand the point with wanting to go faster, I'm not trying to be a troll but the fz1 does over 70MPH in first gear... The speed limit is 65MPH in most places so how fast you actually want to go? I constantly hear people talk about performance but it's not performance you need, it's speed, and if that's the case just jump out a plane because it's safer and won't make all sport bike owners look bad. Sorry, just saying...

Hello. I'm from Texas. We have an 80mph speed limit in places. But that's besides the point. I didn't get a Fz1 for speed or acceleration. Lets be honest. Compared to the 1000cc sportbikes it's a turd. But it's a comfortable turd. I personally don't get a rush from going 150+. I like turning. Hence why I had a dedicated track bike before this. I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from but you're still entitled to your opinion.

Back