French photo op for new FJR goes bad

Easy to laugh at that one, but many bikes with these huge bags on their ass end are precarious in slow speed situations, easy to catch a bag in tight circumstances. Usually one would just drop the bike but in this situation it was a bit more dramatic.

He should have practice low speed handling in the parking lot.:jaw drop:

Ah I think it was just one of those things. The place he was riding through looked really tight & he smacked into a pole. The rider that crashed is Laurent Cochet, a French pro racer/journalist/etc, he's probably pretty skilled at low speed. Hell, the guy did the Paris-Dakar rally on a stock VFR1200. He was also the guy who famously rode the R1 on a frozen lake

Last edited:
Ah I think it was just one of those things. The place he was riding through looked really tight & he smacked into a pole. The rider that crashed is Laurent Cochet, a French pro racer/journalist/etc, he's probably pretty skilled at low speed. Hell, the guy did the Paris-Dakar rally on a stock VFR1200. He was also the guy who famously rode the R1 on a frozen lake

That makes it twice the screw up if he is a pro rider. Proves even the best riders can have a brain fart.
Actually is is lucky that did not go a worse- face plant on the boom or a FJR pile driver.
I never had any trouble with the bags on my FJR even with lane splitting, just remember they are no wider than the mirrors.

Back