Frame Sliders

Ok, as I'm fairly new to the world of bikes, I have a noob question.

Are frame sliders a universal piece? Or do I need to source out an FZ specific set, such as the ones at cycleoneoff.com?

Got the Shogun sliders.

Last weekend I didn't deploy my kickstand fully and dropped the bike. The Slider did its job and nothing was damaged except for a tiny dent my knee made on the tank (hardly noticable).

I have Shoguns right now but I think T-Rex is the most popular (and most economical). So I think it really boils down to looks. I have had numerous sliders over the years and I honestly believe that as long as you stay with a name brand - you will get good quality for your money......and sliders are dollar for dollar the BEST protection you can buy for your bike.

Just a side note - I have been able to use my sliders as Hi-Way Foot Rests on long trips. I have a Gen 1 and I can't remember the exact placement of the Gen 2's sliders (so I'm NOT sure if it will work for a Gen 2) but it sure is nice to stretch your legs out on long trips. Just wanted to mention this because some of the sliders mentioned above are very short.....they are very good sliders but very short.

Just a side note - I have been able to use my sliders as Hi-Way Foot Rests on long trips. I have a Gen 1 and I can't remember the exact placement of the Gen 2's sliders (so I'm NOT sure if it will work for a Gen 2) but it sure is nice to stretch your legs out on long trips. Just wanted to mention this because some of the sliders mentioned above are very short.....they are very good sliders but very short.

I have Shoguns on my Gen II. I haven't tried to rest my feet on them, but I do put my calves up there on long rides. Still have to use a little muscle to hold them in place, but just changing seating position and straightening my legs makes a world of difference. I rode from Clearfield, PA to Westland, MI in six hours (with stops) on Sunday. Legs were fine.

Okay so the engine sliders..got it...anyone ever put swing arm sliders on theirs??

I have front and rear axle sliders. Don't rely on the rear stand ones that bolt on to the swingarm to protect it. They can just break off in an accident taking a chunk of the swingarm with it.

I have Shogun frame sliders, rear axle and fork sliders as well. I must have got a good deal at the time because I got all 3 shipped for less than $100. I think the frame sliders were $36. I believe I got them from chapparal motorsports ebay page.

Back