frame slider material

Anybody know what they are made out of? I got access to delrin and earlyte that I could turn some out of on the lathe was thinking Delrin May be too soft and earlyte might be too brittle.

Most sliders I've seen are Delrin, you don't want a material that's too hard as it can cause the bike to catch and flip on any uneven surface, delrin is soft enough to absorb the hit and who cares if it gets ground down doing its job, its a one use piece of equipment.

Most sliders I've seen are Delrin, you don't want a material that's too hard as it can cause the bike to catch and flip on any uneven surface, delrin is soft enough to absorb the hit and who cares if it gets ground down doing its job, its a one use piece of equipment.

I agree...Delrin is what you want to use, but most quality sliders have an aluminum insert against which the mounting bolt exerts pressure. I would imagine if using just the Delrin you run the risk of the slider just ripping off if you go down.

I wasn't worried about reusing it I was worried about it all grinding off.I can get aluminum to make an insert out of. I have an arbor press to press it in also.
We have shite tons of Delrin so if I use a set Ill make another...

I wasn't worried about reusing it I was worried about it all grinding off.I can get aluminum to make an insert out of. I have an arbor press to press it in also.
We have shite tons of Delrin so if I use a set Ill make another...

Well I doubt it would all grind off. You just need to make them long enough, but not too long that they can leverage the bike over. Just mimic the dimensions of a quality aftermarket set and you should be good.

I have a set of the Uncaged sliders on my bike, but I'm on my last set of sliders. They use Delrin inserts and work superbly. I know since I've tested them twice so far, once on each side. Saved the engine both times.

Do you have access to 2" round stock Delrin by chance? I've been looking a long time to get some replacement sliders made since Uncaged went out of business. I'd be interested in getting some made if possible.

I have a set of the Uncaged sliders on my bike, but I'm on my last set of sliders. They use Delrin inserts and work superbly. I know since I've tested them twice so far, once on each side. Saved the engine both times.

Do you have access to 2" round stock Delrin by chance? I've been looking a long time to get some replacement sliders made since Uncaged went out of business. I'd be interested in getting some made if possible.

I have access up to like 4" but I don't know about getting black... All I've seen at work is white and brown. Was gonna ask Monday about black.

I'm also interested in getting some sliders lathed, I'd gladly pay for late shipping and labor.... Was gonna order some this week when I saw this I think it's always pretty cool to support stuff like this

I'll let ya guys know what I find out.

I guess even if I have to buy black Delrin online myself its still a lot cheaper than buying a set of sliders.

Last edited:
Alright Gents I got pricing on 2" black delrin today. 13.36/ft comes in 8ft sticks
So 104 for a full stick or pay 50 for a cut...

So Im thinking I can fab a set of 4 -fronts and axle sliders out of each ft.
I havent priced aluminum yet. I know its not near as expensive as the delrin though.

Obviously the more I make the cheaper they get. So if anyone needs a set for another bike too let me know.

Last edited:
Back