frame slider hardware dilemma

I have TRex frame sliders and on the trip to the gap my son noticed one was alittle loose when we loaded up to go home.I got home and tried to tighten only to find that the threads had pulled out of the frame tab.My dilemma is the thread is M10x1.25 and I need 90mm or 100 mm length in a socket cap but can only find hex.I want the bolt to go all the way through so a nylok nut can go on the other side.I dont feel like ripping the whole bike apart to put a helicoil in.The longest I found in that thread is 80mm length.anybody know where to find sumpin this size.already tried mcmaster carr.

I went back out and pondered the dilemma the 17mm socket would not fit inside the slider to tighten the bolt so why not try a 11/16 which was super tight but with some WD40 it slid in.I was able to get a nylok nut on the back side so I would not overstress the remaining threads.I will still search for the proper hardware but this will work for now thanks for the replies guys

I have TRex frame sliders and on the trip to the gap my son noticed one was alittle loose when we loaded up to go home.I got home and tried to tighten only to find that the threads had pulled out of the frame tab.My dilemma is the thread is M10x1.25 and I need 90mm or 100 mm length in a socket cap but can only find hex.I want the bolt to go all the way through so a nylok nut can go on the other side.I dont feel like ripping the whole bike apart to put a helicoil in.The longest I found in that thread is 80mm length.anybody know where to find sumpin this size.already tried mcmaster carr.

You could use 3/8"x4" socket head US bolts. The threads are gone already and the 3/8th bolts are slightly smaller diameter. I have a pair of 10mm,but they are only 80mm long.

Back