Found a FZ1 to buy

Zak

Hi, I'm looking into buying a FZ1, I found one in my price range, it's a 2007 so it's a Gen2, but have 40 000km on it, is that too much mileage and what is to look on the bike except maintenance items, any known problems ?

thanks

40,000 km is nothing if the owner followed the manufacturer's maintenance intervals.

- Does he have service history? Can he tell you straight away what's been done & what will need to be done?

- Inspect the condition of the chain, sprockets, brake pads, brake fluid & tires as these are the most commonly neglected items in my experience

thanks for the fast answers, I knew about the chain, sprockets, brake pads, brake fluid & tires as I'm used with my dirt bike. Wanted to know if the FZ1 had other known weakness to watch for! The owner seems serious and the bike looks really clean on the pictures, he told me no scratch and never felt either.

I'm new to road bikes and don't have any experience with Yams, 40k seemed a lot, guess I'll go for it :)

here's one the seller posted

73181582-1.jpg

Good looking bike, those mod will save you some $$... I have 15,000 miles and my bike is still in brand new condition so you should be fine.

Back