Fortunate Ones

Is that yours? That's nice.
I wish. It was from 2 stroke bike week at deals gap last year. I only have 3 bikes on my want list, a purple or blue h2 750, a tdr250 and a rg500. Im sure you know its mainly a kawi get together but there was a diverse collection of 2t's there. IMO that bike was the nicest there, you can just tell instantly that it is mint.

My first two bikes were a 1977 Yamaha RD400 and a 1985 Yamaha RZ350. Miss those two strokes.
Wish I still had them.
I had 3 rz's in the 90's. I miss them (and the resale value) but glad i made memories on them. They are fetching seriously crazy money now. My rgv does everything better, except throttle whack wheelies.

There was a couple times i got into a high speed wobble, scary. Then there was this day I was racing my younger brother, he had this gorgeous orange h1 500. I think I was doing a little over 100 moh when my engine started locking up. By the time I pulled the clutch in the back end was starting to slide and I got into one of those high speed wobbles. Scared the hell out of me.

You bring up exactly what's so dangerous about being young, you and I both experienced high speed wobbles, but did little if anything to fix the problem.

When I first got my 74 Z1 it handled well enough to push up to a little over 100-110 with stability. Over time though I noticed head shaking coming on and would just cut back till it stopped, then forge on. Stupidity catches up to you.

You bring up exactly what's so dangerous about being young, you and I both experienced high speed wobbles, but did little if anything to fix the problem.

When I first got my 74 Z1 it handled well enough to push up to a little over 100-110 with stability. Over time though I noticed head shaking coming on and would just cut back till it stopped, then forge on. Stupidity catches up to you.
Stupidity and I've got the scars to prove it lolò

I didn’t learn about Kawi triples til I was in my 20’s. But I’ll always remember sitting in my moms car when I was 8 and a Z1 did a wheelie up a hill past the 7-11. Pretty sure that was the first time my mind was blown.
That's cool. Reminds me of the first bike I ever saw. It really made an impression on me. When I was about 12 this fellow can over to see my sister. From what I remember impretty sure it was a Honda 450 scrambler. He had hi rise bars. I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

Back