Forking wondering about a fork swap

Dustin

Fork over your knowledge, forkers!

So here's the deal. My 919 has very basic forks, 43mm cartridge style but without any preload, compression or rebound adjustment at all. It just so happens that the 01-06 CBR600F4i forks completely bolt right up. They are fully adjustable and are supposed to have better internals than my existing forks. It seems that my RaceTech springs even share part numbers so I could just toss my current .90 springs in to the new forks.

I currently have an offer on the table on eBay for $160 shipped for a pair of F4i forks.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I a forking nutter? Fork off!

They fit right in the triples and all wheel/brake hardware pops right in. It's an OEM fit. The only thing is the stock fender doesn't bolt right up but somebody makes a bracket for this particular issue so then it does!

Thanks for the feedback

Nice! Don't worry about seals. They are inexpensive and we can coach you through if they need new ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to order OEM seals. I need inner bushings as well, right? I'm a 'may as well' kind of guy, so I'd like to replace all the wear items while the forks are apart.

Edit: Ordered OEM seals and upper & lower bushings. Just need to get some oil. I believe OEM Honda is something like 7.5w. Any recommendations on fork oil?

Last edited:
Back