fork shaking when brake

After replacing the stock front brake pad to EBC for about 500km, My FZ1 front fork shake when i grab the front brake lever. Especially when the bike is lean. Mostly during low speed. More lean more shake. I m not sure which causes this, calipers, rotor, mounting, pad...?
My FZ1 model '09 without ABS.
Anyone have this problem? Advice is much appreciated. Thanks.

There are several things that could be causing this. the first three that come to mind are

- Grease or grit on the rotor
- warped rotor
- muck build up between the spacer rings (there's a good how to on youtube on how to clean them, I'll see if I can find it)

There's been a few threads in the past on the same topic, I'd do a search and see what else came up.

Thanks. I will try the easiest one first. hopefully not changing rotor or steering bearing. I cant find any same topic here. Please let me know if u know the link. Thanks.

Could there be air in one of the front brake lines, causing it to pull to one side.

The answer to that is no as stated. Brake calipers on bikes do not cause a pull to one side or the other.
Several bikes (honda's particularly) have integrated brakes where when you squeeze the front brake it only grabs the left side. When you press the rear it uses the right caliper and the rear. I just had a goldwing in that wasn't getting any fluid to the right caliper at all. So the right did nothing and the left grabbed and did all the stopping, it rode straight down the road just stopped like crap.

My guess as would be slop in the steering bearings, or maybe a caliper either warped has a glazed spot.

oh son of a...didnt see that either. i blame double j. however, for the record for others who may have the same problem, if you're getting brake shake after changing a tire/wheel, it's almost always cuz the front wasn't aligned properly when reinstalling it. i know cuz i screwed it up a few times before being taught how to do it right. everything goes back finger tight, spin the wheel, grab the brake, repeat a few times, then while the brake handles still squeezed on the last time, you torque the one side caliper bolts, then repeat on the other. then do the pinch bolts and axle. if i recall correctly. is how i've done it since and never had that problem since. if i'm wrong lemme know

The answer to that is no as stated. Brake calipers on bikes do not cause a pull to one side or the other.
Several bikes (honda's particularly) have integrated brakes where when you squeeze the front brake it only grabs the left side. When you press the rear it uses the right caliper and the rear. I just had a goldwing in that wasn't getting any fluid to the right caliper at all. So the right did nothing and the left grabbed and did all the stopping, it rode straight down the road just stopped like crap.

My guess as would be slop in the steering bearings, or maybe a caliper either warped has a glazed spot.

Yep i have the linked brakes on my Honda ST, PAin in the ass to bleed!! However when you hit the back brakes it activates the two middle pistons on the front . And reversed fo

Back