Fork Seals?

How hard is it to change the fork seals. I have an 05 and my seals are starting to leak. Also what are recomendations on what seals to buy.

I just changed the fork seals on my 01'. My new rules of thumb:

1- Yamaha OEM parts only!
2- Make sure to change the bushings as well
3- Buy the Fork Seal Driver (It will make your like a whole lot easier. Ask me how I know)

If you have the right tools it's actually pretty damn simple. If you want to parts list to buy just let me know and I'll make one up for you. It's pretty inexpensive. The tool will cost more than all the parts combined but it will serve you the rest of the life of the bike. If you ever sell the bike, just sell the new owner the tool!

I just changed the fork seals on my 01'. My new rules of thumb:

1- Yamaha OEM parts only!
2- Make sure to change the bushings as well
3- Buy the Fork Seal Driver (It will make your like a whole lot easier. Ask me how I know)

If you have the right tools it's actually pretty damn simple. If you want to parts list to buy just let me know and I'll make one up for you. It's pretty inexpensive. The tool will cost more than all the parts combined but it will serve you the rest of the life of the bike. If you ever sell the bike, just sell the new owner the tool!

A parts list would be great and a huge help. Thanks

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Here you go!

Billy has become a psuedo expert at Gen I fork rebuilds. Truly a trusted wrencher and what a big help with the parts list! :tup: Nice!!

Back