fork seal leaks

Have 2001 fz1, need info on best way to get fork slider out of fork leg. Can't get allen bolt in bottom of leg to back off so I can get slider tube out. All help appreciated!!

Have 2001 fz1, need info on best way to get fork slider out of fork leg. Can't get allen bolt in bottom of leg to back off so I can get slider tube out. All help appreciated!!

Did you try to loosen it before taking anything apart? I always try to loosen those while the dampening rod is still under pressure from the spring and it always loosens. At this point your best bet might be to use an impact gun on it. There is a "special" tool that you can buy to hold it from the top and prevent the whole assembly from spinning (which is what I'm assuming it's doing now), but that may be a dealer special order item. Who knows how much it will run you...

oil seals

Did you try to loosen it before taking anything apart? I always try to loosen those while the dampening rod is still under pressure from the spring and it always loosens. At this point your best bet might be to use an impact gun on it. There is a "special" tool that you can buy to hold it from the top and prevent the whole assembly from spinning (which is what I'm assuming it's doing now), but that may be a dealer special order item. Who knows how much it will run you...

Thanks, I'll reassemble an use impact air gun. I appreciate your input.

Back