Fork color...

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

Papa your bike looks super sweet the way it is(except for that header) so you couldn't go wrong staying with the gold tube. Are you happy with how the bike looks now? If you are stay with the gold. If you complete the change over and don't like the color of the black you will be disappointed. Why the 09/10 forks for what you are going to pay for them you could probably have the AK20's put into the 07/08 fork and have a better setup. Don't worry about them being shorter. I think the shorter fork effects the bike in a positive way.

Thanks a lot Johnny. Really appreciated.

This is what has been happening with the 09-11 forks, so this kind of just sealed the deal for me to go with the 07-08.. Not to mention the 07-08 have a better spring rate for us on our heavier FZ1's.

2009/10 R1 fork bottoms cracking.

09 R1 Fork Warning

Cracked Fork Inner Tube - Right Hand Side : Yamaha R1 Forum

Those are a few of what I have found.. Not something I really want to deal with.

I have spray painted some paper, I am going to wrap my fork tubes after work tonight when I install the belly pan, and take some pics. That way I can sit there and study it, also seeing it in person with black forks is going to make or break it for me.

I am not worried about the height difference. My rear is lowered 12mm, front 8mm. So basically I currently have the front higher than the nose. I am going to leave the rear 12mm lowered, and drop in the R1 forks flush with the triple tree and that will put the front 16mm lower. So that will be like on a stock bike raising the forks 4mm. Should be epic.

gold is good

het papa,i like the gold.my 2009 came with black,but, the state of vt.says we have to highlight them with these colorful stickers,last year i had blue highlights!!

Back