For Sale 2008 FZ1 Red

I have a 2008 Red FZ1, 19,000 miles. Had a MIVV pipe but has the original exhaust now, FE put on when new but I also have the original rear fender. Has a PCIII installed (originally for the MIVV but left in place when I removed the MIVV). Air box has been opened a bit but is otherwise stock. Double Bubble windshield. Bike runs like a Timex and has never had a problem. Just acquired a XS1100 and don't need two bikes and a quad. $4500. I live in Gaylord, MI. PM me if interested.

After a lot of thinking and riding the XS 1100 for about 3000 miles, I've DECIDED TO KEEP the FZ. It was a giveaway anyway.

Last edited:
Tempting... Your ride look very clean! All I would have to do is build an exhaust... humm. I'll think about it.

The price is very reasonable and the bike has always been well cared for. If you really want it then go get it! And exhaust is easy to find anyway...

The price is very reasonable and the bike has always been well cared for. If you really want it then go get it! And exhaust is easy to find anyway...

All in all, it's cheaper to just have it shipped. The downside is verifying the condition.

That's the beauty of these forums. I'm sure the bike is exactly as Lone describes. Sorry you're selling it. I've sold off 2 FZ1's only to end up with one in my garage again. It's like a Stephen King movie. I've given up. The FZ1 seems to be home with me.

I love to tinker as well as ride. I put about 2000 miles on the XS 1100 while in AZ this winter, only to come home to 21" of new snow the first night. Half the fun is making the bike better, or in the case of the XS, my goal is to make it look like it just came off the showrrom floor. All it will take is some new paint, removing a couple minor bumps and bruises and getting the fueling exactly spot on. I know she's running a bit rich (120 mains, needs 110's). The reason I put the stock can back on the FZ was because when you get right down to it, the racket the MIVV made just got tiring after listening to it for about a year and as I get older (and wiser) I need to preserve what hearing I have left that the heavy metal didn't take away in the 80's. Although the FZ1 definitely has the power edge and handling, in 1980 the XS 1100 was the King of the Roost and even today, 95 H.P. on tap is more than enough to blow almost every 4 wheeled vehicle into the weeds. When I was in AZ, the guys who saw the XS thought it was 15 years newer than it was really is. That in itself has some rewards. If I end up keeping both, that's cool too. I do intend to see that she stays in Michigan if at all possible.

Back